Requests

Central ITV Startup theme

Herald (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
channel4squares1
I am after the Central TV startup theme from around 1986 in full with no voiceover at all. I've seen videos of it from September 1986 but I'm after the full theme.
:-(
A former member
You might like to listen to this:

CH
channel4squares1
Thanks, but this is the one I'm after, the full theme from this video (0:13 onwards)
A former member
Unfortunately that is library music, and there's only a short version listed.

https://www.emipm.com/en/search?textQuery=virgo&fields=albumCodeCompact,albumDescription,albumName,composerName,description,fixationId,keywordText,name,versionTypeText
Last edited by A former member on 19 January 2019 8:51pm
CH
channel4squares1
That's alright, a lot of music also there are music from the Idents, extra thanks for finding that.
A former member
This track Herald has been asked for many times, It possible a number of factors have come into play...

* ALL these tracks were in fact made by Central via its operation Rainbow music, and once its operates were merged back in the late 90s ( why would a one ITV company need a music operation, - this isn't 60s and Lew grade ATV music. )

* Did central just take the track and loop it, Central were very clear at doing that, with all its music it got its hands on.

* Is there middle eight that has gone missing?

Just to be fair there are four other library tracked used by Central during the 80s, Advision, Pre vision, Vision on and Teknik I think there are all Burton and can go hear happily. Just DON'T ask Wink
IT
IndigoTucker
I’m sure The full version of Herald still exists on the master tape in the basement of Bruton - it was just never copied over to the CDs used for the online service, all of the Central tracks from that period only have the short versions on the online service. Although the music is very repetitive, you can just about hear a middle eight section that isn’t in the short version, with selections with some added doofs.
A former member
Was it ever put on a LP? That might give us a clue where to find it. L.p. are always turning up.
IT
IndigoTucker
Music House International MHE4 TV Times Entertainment 4 - still only the 29 second version though.
A former member
I dont mean the CD name the actually lP name from Burton.
IE "LIKE" the following Wink
BRI14 - Paul Hart - Futurism or BRG 22 - Brian Bennett, Cliff Hall & Steve Gray - Happy Days
IT
IndigoTucker
I took it from the LP release listed at discogs. https://www.discogs.com/Various-Entertainment-4-T-V-Times/release/3527254
A former member
Looks like Library was only ever given the 30sec cuts. Jim Stokoe, IE head of promotions for Central Television must have written the new opening track for Central. so the full version isnt library but is lost unless Gary Taylor? ever found a copy.

Newer posts