« Topics
JKDerry1,901 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
In relation to the picture quality of Winning Streak, I wonder if the temporary move of the News studio might have something to do with it?

Possibly, as RTE News is based in the adjoining Studio 2 for the temporary period. The relaunch is due very soon, next week. RTE keep saying to me "late January", well it is now late January.
MMcG198675 posts since 14 Dec 2014
UTV Newsline
There was a breakdown during last night's Dancing with the Stars. An RTE One HD logo slide was put up, with verbal apologies from the announcer. I didn't catch the whole thing but they moved on to show a bunch of programme trails before rejoining the programme. Not sure about cause.
bkman19901,298 posts since 29 Jan 2012
UTV Newsline
In relation to the picture quality of Winning Streak, I wonder if the temporary move of the News studio might have something to do with it?

I think that RTÉ swapping some of the cameras from one studio to another might have got something to do with it. I recently recall reading one of the tender documents for the new studio 3. I can't remember which one it is though.

In other matters relating to RTÉ; they are to launch RTÉ2+1 apparently on the 5th of February.

It's been reported on boards.ie that one of the hidden Saorview channels known as Channel 12 has it's EPG data reserved for RTÉ2+1 from that date. Although recently it's had the EPG data taken off & replaced with subtitle data for RTÉ One. I have no information on operating hours on RTÉ2+1 so far. I also have no idea why RTÉ would waste money on this channel when people in Ireland can easily access RTÉ's programmes on repeat or through the new look RTÉ Player.

At this stage; I have no idea in what is happening to RTÉ One+1 or RTÉ News Now.
UTV Newsline
There was a breakdown during last night's Dancing with the Stars. An RTE One HD logo slide was put up, with verbal apologies from the announcer. I didn't catch the whole thing but they moved on to show a bunch of programme trails before rejoining the programme. Not sure about cause.

Most likely a linking problem between RTE Television Centre in Dublin where RTE playout their channels and Ardmore Studios in Wicklow where Dancing with the Stars is made.
UTV Newsline
Connection problems between studios has happened before on these big shows. X Factor is the worse, with problems between their former home Fountain Studios and BT Tower in London, and their new home of LH2 Studios to BT Tower. Strictly Come Dancing has had issues, even though they are made in Elstree Studios right in the heart of the BBC Studioworks location, but even in 2019 these technical issues can occur.
rdd3,401 posts since 21 Jun 2001
Here’s the Minister’s decision relating to RTE2+1, which will operate as a part time service with hours similar to the current RTE One+1, and for the move of RTE One+1 to a 24 Hour service.

https://www.dccae.gov.ie/documents/Results%20of%20Minister%27s%20Consideration.pdf

Nothing official from RTE yet as to when these services are to launch, though apparently there is a media report (which I haven’t seen) of 13th February .