The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 2018 Refresh

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
The regional bulletins have returned to Breakfast this morning. Today must be classed as more of a 'normal' weekday than yesterday.

Yesterday was the BBC's 'Corporation Day' so treated as a Bank Holiday

Yes but that isn't used to plan output. It's just to give some an extra day off and others an extra day in lieu
IS
Inspector Sands

‘Only’ is the wrong term obviously there’s exceptions but JAS84 is correct to an extent as there’s many people who are off between Xmas and New Year, lots of offices, council buildings, factories etc who’d be open during half term are closed on the days inbetween Christmas & New Year.

Yes, those of us who normally work this week know how quiet the roads are, even more so than a school holiday.

Quote:
Having said that, Breakfast finishing at 7:50 and having no regional bulletins is a mistake when as you have pointed out; some are back to work (calls centres, retail) considering GMB was on til 8:30 with its usual regional 3 bulletins.

Are they still the usual bulletins on at seemingly random times that might be on before you leave the house, might not

I'm sure people can do without their regional news for one day, are they that useful to someone who's going to work? The travel news is so broad in most regions its next to useless most days.
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 29 December 2018 10:44am - 3 times in total

16 days later

ST
Stuart
Rather unusually we have one of the main presenters (Louise Minchin) on BBC Breakfast today. I know Naga has done Sundays before, but I'm guessing that perhaps today this is because of the Brexit-heavy news agenda (unless she's still serving her 'Patagonian Payback' Laughing )
JamesWorldNews and Custard56 gave kudos
RD
RDJ
Louise is a surprising face to see in on a Sunday.

Also been a long shift for Roger this week. Most of the week with NWT with a very difficult day on Friday. Final Score yesterday and Breakfast today.
Towielad and Custard56 gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Rather unusually we have one of the main presenters (Louise Minchin) on BBC Breakfast today. I know Naga has done Sundays before, but I'm guessing that perhaps today this is because of the Brexit-heavy news agenda (unless she's still serving her 'Patagonian Payback' Laughing )

Although we know Dan won't do Sundays I see no reason why the main team couldn't do alternate Sundays - a three and a half day week isn't that much to ask.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Although they pretty much all have other projects outside of Breakfast that they are probably working on on the other days
NE
Newsroom
Louise has done quite a few Sunday shows.
ST
Stuart
It seemed to have the format of a regular weekday programme. The only back-half-hour filler was Click at 07:45. Everything else was live.
RN
Rolling News
Louise has done quite a few Sunday shows.

Louise was on again this morning with Ben Thompson.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Something special coming up today on Breakfast, just after the 8am mark. Not sure what it is. Dan Walker teased on Twitter.

Do let me know what it is when it happens. I’m imagining a reunion of sorts.
LS
LewisS
Did anyone outside of London have their last regional news go to London instead of their region?
SW
Steve Williams
Do let me know what it is when it happens. I’m imagining a reunion of sorts.

It wasn't, it was an update on the Flypast For Tony story they've been following for the last few weeks.

Newer posts