TV Home Forum

Classic Emmerdale

(January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JM
JamesM0984
Something tells me that the scene starting at 38:30 in this episode from Boxing Day 1995 may end up on the cutting room floor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yqGpMRpNk

Just needs a slight edit of a few seconds and the scene can continue.

True, but it's the fact the scene is set in a swimming pool; subsequent events mean the script has been turned into an unintentional bit of black comedy. πŸ˜‚

Just wait until it gets to those episods where Sam Dingle used to do Jimmy Saville impressions all the time.

How's about that, then?

Also, Jimmy Savile is clearly heard on the TV show Frank is watching when his presumed-dead wife rocks up to finish him off. It'll be 2021 earliest we hit that episode though.
JB
JasonB
I wonder if we're going to get the same two continuity announcements for these episodes of Emmerdale like we've had for Coronation Street for the last year?
SC
Si-Co
I wonder if we're going to get the same two continuity announcements for these episodes of Emmerdale like we've had for Coronation Street for the last year?

β€œ Now on ITV3, watch out for low flying aircraft and angry sheep - it’s time for classic Emmerdale ”
SP
Steve in Pudsey

Maybe if the continuity team in London are too busy to record special announcements for each episode they could find somebody else who now works for ITV and has more time on his hands than previously.

"Now on the ITV3..."
BR
Brekkie
Understand why they pre-record but surely they could do enough for across the week rather than just reuse the same ones each day.
JB
JasonB

Maybe if the continuity team in London are too busy to record special announcements for each episode they could find somebody else who now works for ITV and has more time on his hands than previously.

"Now on the ITV3..."

They seem to manage fine for Classic Eastenders on Drama. They even give you a small description of the episode too!
TI
This Is Granada

I'm hoping we get Big hair, Big characters & Big storylines now on ITV3 its Classic Emmerdale.
JA
james-2001
Big sheep that need shearing.
JA
james-2001

"Now on the ITV3..."

They seem to manage fine for Classic Eastenders on Drama. They even give you a small description of the episode too!

All they need to say is "Mary leaves Annie alone" and it would be accurate for half the episodes Razz
KE
kernow
If the announcers read out the synopsis of each episode, it might actually make some people switch off.

Based on the programme listings, if these were read out by the Drama announcers, it would make classic EastEnders sound like unmissable viewing!

Here's a few examples of the unmissable drama coming up this week:

Monday: Sharon and Mags go out on a shopping trip together.

Tuesday: James Willmot-Brown asks Arthur to handle the event for The Dagmar.

Wednesday: Arthur finds time to have a chat with Mary.

Thursday: At the Dagmar, Arthur repairs the damage to the hanging baskets.

Friday: A rainy afternoon and Dot is keeping Ethel company in her room.

Who wouldn't want to miss that!
TI
tightrope78
Friday: A rainy afternoon and Dot is keeping Ethel company in her room.

Of course that is one of the best EE episodes ever, the two-hander from the old friends.
Si-Co and South Today gave kudos
JB
JasonB
I missed the introductions this afternoon. What continuity announcements did we get?

Newer posts