« Topics
Critique3,159 posts since 9 Aug 2009
Anglia (East) Look East
And contrary to what I think a couple of members here had suggested, looks like Eamonn and Ruth were actually live in the studio as they were pushing for tweets and reading out some comments on-air. Whilst the show was mainly best bits of the week they did have John Torode cooking live in the studio.

Not sure I recall this much effort going into the weekend programme last time they tried, so maybe this one will have a bit more mileage in it!
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
DeMarkay gave kudos
Reece24271 posts since 16 Mar 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
And contrary to what I think a couple of members here had suggested, looks like Eamonn and Ruth were actually live in the studio as they were pushing for tweets and reading out some comments on-air. Whilst the show was mainly best bits of the week they did have John Torode cooking live in the studio.

Not sure I recall this much effort going into the weekend programme last time they tried, so maybe this one will have a bit more mileage in it!

I might be wrong, but I remember a call-out for comments on Friday regarding some of the things which were discussed on the show this morning. If it is live, then Eamonn and Ruth have a busy day with Do the Right Thing live from 7pm on Channel 5 tonight
Critique3,159 posts since 9 Aug 2009
Anglia (East) Look East

I might be wrong, but I remember a call-out for comments on Friday regarding some of the things which were discussed on the show this morning. If it is live, then Eamonn and Ruth have a busy day with Do the Right Thing live from 7pm on Channel 5 tonight

Hmm I did wonder if that might be the case also - seems a bit disingenuous though to continue to push the social media channels if your comment can't be read out, although I guess this was more of an issue in the past as people would have been paying to text in and now there's no cost of interaction?
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
Aaron_20151,086 posts since 11 Mar 2015
Westcountry Spotlight
Surely they will have recorded the new content after Friday’s show? I highly doubt they’ve got Eamonn and Ruth, as well as the rest of the crew in on a Sunday for 15 minutes of new content. Even with a skeleton crew, it wouldn’t be worth the effort producing it live. They appeared to record it ‘as live’ with no second takes though.
JKDerry1,526 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
The whole Sunday edition is pre-recorded in the afternoon of Friday around 2.00pm-3.00pm in Studio 3 at Television Centre. Think logically, it is financially proper to pre-record this on Friday with the Friday staff.
Lou Scannon and DeMarkay gave kudos