The Newsroom

Brexit Dramarama

UPDATE | Extension to 31st Jan 2020 (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
Deja vu on this - the news will just be delayed as always, and may actually play to the advantage of the news channel who can take the statement first.

I don't think they'd dare miss it on BBC1, if it was a major, historic announcement they'd never hear the end of it

I guess they’ve decided to never hear the end of it.

Interesting decision... whatever that decision turns out to be
AN
Andrew Founding member
So maximum disruption for some irrelevant FA Cup Third Round Replay that could easily have been shifted to BBC Two without anyone bating an eye lid. it’s not as if it’s the World Cup.
DV
dvboy
Oh bloody hell. The News at Ten is being shown twice tonight on BBC One & Two respectively.

It is on BBC Two first & then a full bulletin will happen later after the Football on BBC One. That is unusual.

It's happened before with a full Ten on the News Channel (not Two) and then run again on One.
VM
VMPhil
BBC News at When?
Quatorzine Neko, itsrobert and watchingtv gave kudos
JM
JamesM0984
Is it contractual that the football has to be on BBC1? I think this is a baffling scheduling decision to say the least

Think it might be - could be similar headaches on final day which is also Eurovision...
WH
Whataday Founding member
BBC Two's News at Ten is replacing the appropriately titled Insert Name Here.
Quatorzine Neko and watchingtv gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
Just seen the PM's car sweep into Downing Street live on Sky News.

Been to the Palace anyone?

We can dream but surely someone would have noticed.

She'll have been coming back from Parliament I'd assume
KE
kernow
Oh bloody hell. The News at Ten is being shown twice tonight on BBC One & Two respectively.

It is on BBC Two first & then a full bulletin will happen later after the Football on BBC One. That is unusual.

They're currently scheduled to overlap as well (it's currently scheduled to start at 10:15pm on BBC 1), which I'm guessing will mean separate bulletins from separate studios, unless BBC2 is treated like the news channel, when the BBC1 bulletin starts and joins the same bulletin, and then BBC2 leaves it before the end, but that could be quite messy.

EDIT: The EPG has now been updated to show it starting at 10:30pm on BBC One.
BK
bkman1990
Would Clive Myrie do the news shortly on BBC Two or is Huw Edwards included in it?
WL
W1LL
Poor Theresa. Being downgraded to BBC Two because of Derby Country is a new low, even for her.
JM
JamesM0984
Huw on Two now.
IS
Inspector Sands
Oh dear, BBC Two going into the news using the light hearted fluffy sicker monster ident that presumably was meant to be used before Insert Name Here

Newer posts