« Topics
Andrew13,282 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I wish the TV companies would give up with all the vox pops. Due to the fact that they have to stay impartial you just get a nice set of every opinion, whether that is in the Durham ex Miners working Mens club, Bristol students union, or the Tuesday lunchtime over 60s keep fit class in Brighton, therefore they tell you nothing.

Also how come market stall holders seem to be asked their opinion more than anyone else!
bilky asko5,264 posts since 9 Sep 2006
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

Though it has been made clear that such rebellions would be almost certain career suicide.

But then whatever happens I think after the current clusterfudge the Tory Party are doomed so they might think they've nothing to lose

I think they'd rather take the chance of being in opposition rather than certain defeat after deselection.

I wish the TV companies would give up with all the vox pops. Due to the fact that they have to stay impartial you just get a nice set of every opinion, whether that is in the Durham ex Miners working Mens club, Bristol students union, or the Tuesday lunchtime over 60s keep fit class in Brighton, therefore they tell you nothing.

Also how come market stall holders seem to be asked their opinion more than anyone else!

If they can shout at maximum volume to the entire street about their special offer on a pair of plums and a banana, then they're not going to be shy and retiring on camera.
Justin352 posts since 9 Oct 2014
BBC World
They used an almost purely orchestral version of the BBC News theme at the end of The Papers with a montage of clips from the day (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0by9g4d/the-papers-15012019)

Does anyone have a link to this version (without the talk obviously) because I don't think I've ever heard it?

David Lowe posted a mix of the 2013 countdown without the synthesized sounds on the Members Area of his website a few years ago although this version does sound quite a bit different. Reposted version from YouTube below
New Zealand isn't that far away!
gomedia8 posts since 24 May 2017
HTV Wales Wales Today
They used an almost purely orchestral version of the BBC News theme at the end of The Papers with a montage of clips from the day (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0by9g4d/the-papers-15012019)

Does anyone have a link to this version (without the talk obviously) because I don't think I've ever heard it?

Uploaded a video of what I'm talking about
Quatorzine Neko, bkman1990 and 2 others
  • Josh
  • Newsroom24
gave kudos