« Topics
bkman19901,033 posts since 29 Jan 2012
UTV Newsline
There is a tweet just given from Jean Claude Juncker on the NC/World push back graphics.

He says he regrets the outcome of tonight's vote in the HoC. More talks is unlikely now with TM as time is running out from JCJ's word.

thegeek4,681 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London

C4 News using all four of their main anchors tonight. Not very often you see that from any news broadcaster - even at elections.

I daresay they've been enjoying themselves too. Jon Snow seems to be revelling in the ridiculousness of the situation; and Krishnan is in the lobby and appears to have a researcher who's grabbing MPs as they pass and sticking them in front of the camera.

[Edit] this was my favourite moment: https://youtu.be/SR7JwVjWByM?t=59m35s
Last edited by thegeek on 15 January 2019 10:03pm
Quatorzine Neko and Brekkie gave kudos
Brekkie30,718 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today
Andrew Neil's interview put years on Matt Hancock Very Happy

He looked very shook up once he got to C4 News.

Given the margin of defeat I'm not so sure the no confidence vote is clear cut either. Think it only takes half a dozen Tories to rebel.

Though it has been made clear that such rebellions would be almost certain career suicide.

Who knows at the moment. The country is so bonkers at the moment anything could happen. Well, apart from the Lib Dems winning of course. We're in a mess but we haven't completely lost our marbles. Very Happy
Shouldn't that have been posted in the "John Logie Baird has Invented Television" thread?
Brekkie30,718 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today

C4 News using all four of their main anchors tonight. Not very often you see that from any news broadcaster - even at elections.

I daresay they've been enjoying themselves too. Jon Snow seems to be revelling in the ridiculousness of the situation; and Krishnan is in the lobby and appears to have a researcher who's grabbing MPs as they pass and sticking them in front of the camera.

Jon Snow was excellent in holding Labour MP Richard Burgon to account for the disgraceful way he was speaking to the Lib Dens Jo Swinson.
Shouldn't that have been posted in the "John Logie Baird has Invented Television" thread?
thegeek gave kudos
harshy5,925 posts since 24 Mar 2001
It’s doomed Brexit that is, it’s a monumental defeat the pm severely hampered and weakened, she’s literally hanging on now and she’s only there due to the bonkersness of the entire situation.

Noticed the feed to the EBU was GBITV does that mean ITV produce the main feed from Parliament?

Correct long titles used by the bbc tonight, needs a wide shot though.
james-2001 gave kudos