TV Home Forum

Channel 5 general discussion

(revised repeat) (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
Teleshopping brings them in money, so it will always be cheaper than showing repeats.
JO
Jonwo
dvboy posted:
Teleshopping brings them in money, so it will always be cheaper than showing repeats.

Especially when they use repeats in better slots like 7pm.
MR
mr_vivian
So I've caught a bit of Teleshopping on C5, and we REALLY need a quick replacement.

I know exactly the replacement. More sleep lol

12 days later

BR
Brekkie
A rumour down under that Seven are going to hold back the return of Home and Away for several weeks in order to air My Kitchen Rules at 7pm. C5 has enough episodes to take them through till 8th March.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/01/rumour-seven-to-hold-back-home-away-for-mkr.html
WA
watchingtv
Maybe it's time Channel 5 picked up Shortland Street to fill the void. Should be a good cheap import and should also rate better than its last UK outing.
:-(
A former member
Why didnt Channel 5 it up back in 2003? it could have been good chance for teatime slot.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I'm sure a cheap import is exactly the opposite of what Channel 5 is looking for at the moment.
EA
Earlie37
Thought I posted about this other week but realised I hadn't. During the Christmas break, Channel 5 had on a programme called Britain's Best Chocolate bar. The programme was pretty naff but I was impressed with the 'blink and you'll miss it' design on the mugs - they had the current channel logo on but with a homage to the original colour bars from 1997!

AG
AxG
Yes I actually saw that, but my thought then was "oh it looks like the original Channel 4 coloured logo".
SC
Si-Co
Maybe it's time Channel 5 picked up Shortland Street to fill the void. Should be a good cheap import and should also rate better than its last UK outing.

Is the UK really ready for the likes of this? 😲

EY
the eye
Hahaha
FA
fanoftv
Thought I posted about this other week but realised I hadn't. During the Christmas break, Channel 5 had on a programme called Britain's Best Chocolate bar. The programme was pretty naff but I was impressed with the 'blink and you'll miss it' design on the mugs - they had the current channel logo on but with a homage to the original colour bars from 1997!

A nice touch or just the wrong logo used?
I’m sure that a user mocked up that colour logo on here back when the current logo launched.
Last edited by fanoftv on 15 January 2019 8:46am

Newer posts