TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SQ
sqwidge1978
Lo and behold! An ITV Hub logo that actually has "Hub" written in it! Thumbs up

It only took them about a decade... Rolling Eyes

Just over 3 years to be more accurate
lukeshep, Joe and Yandere Gaming gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Did the ITV Player survive the 2013 rebrand?
DW
DavidWhitfield
Did the ITV Player survive the 2013 rebrand?

Yes, briefly.
Ittr and Yandere Gaming gave kudos
ID
Identity

Ahh I do miss that background... wasn’t it originally meant to be the white one used in the day and the black variant used at night? But they stuck with the white constantly?
BR
Brekkie
Wasn't black just for the player?
DW
DavidWhitfield

Ahh I do miss that background... wasn’t it originally meant to be the white one used in the day and the black variant used at night? But they stuck with the white constantly?

They used the white/grey background for ITV and the black background for ITV Player. There was no element of using a darker background at night.
FA
fanoftv
I don't remember the black version being used, possibly because promotions used the white.

The ITV Player branding (much better name in my opinion) lasted until late 2014 following the January 2013 rebrand.

I wonder why they're going to be using the ITV channel's three segment logo when the corporate is still the 5 version.
JF
JetixFann450
Lo and behold! An ITV Hub logo that actually has "Hub" written in it! Thumbs up

It only took them about a decade... Rolling Eyes

Just over 3 years to be more accurate

I wonder when Channel 4 will start putting "All" in their logo...

BR
Brekkie
Well they've ditched that logo as their corporate logo now so I expect All4 will be rebranded sooner rather than later. ALL fits into the 4 logo quite nicely if they go down the route of the recent multi-channel rebrand.
KU
Kunst
Well they've ditched that logo as their corporate logo now so I expect All4 will be rebranded sooner rather than later. ALL fits into the 4 logo quite nicely if they go down the route of the recent multi-channel rebrand.

Or maybe not

It's still the same "4" logo, and since All 4 is the hub for all things "4", I guess they want it to be more distinctive

I wonder when Channel 4 will start putting "All" in their logo...

I don't know, for me it works even without the "ALL" part, unlike ITV Hub, which was a poor attempt in being like 4
BR
brioalex
I’ll miss the old ITV Hub branding, I remember their introductory video unveiling the look and everything and it was very vibrant and colourful! Plus as a logo mark it’s very different to their channel branding and other services from other channels so it’s easily distinguishable. Shame really.

https://youtu.be/Ci49MJIf9tM

I’m liking the new ITV (1) idents but I can’t help but feel they’re going the same way as the BBC with all their channels looking a little inconsistent. I think the overlaying card bumpers etc. are nice but the style of them only really fits with a certain genre of programme like dramas, they don’t work when used next to entertainment promos. The other day Through The Keyhole was advertised and the card style endboard just didn’t work!
CH
chris
I don't remember the black version being used, possibly because promotions used the white.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDk2G8OtKiE

The ITV Player branding (much better name in my opinion) lasted until late 2014 following the January 2013 rebrand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh9eTcJfsiQ

I wonder why they're going to be using the ITV channel's three segment logo when the corporate is still the 5 version.

It actually lasted until 2015.

Newer posts