TV Home Forum

Big Brother UK

Ratings crash & future indoubt (June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Channel 5’s ratings are really feeling the effect of not having Celebrity Big Brother on. Since the 2nd January (the day CBB usually launches) Channel 5 have not managed to get close to the rating it got on the same day the year before. For example on the 6th Jan 2018 CBB got 1.4M on the 6th Jan 2019 The Price Is Right got just 480K.

They're showing The Price is Right?

CBB priced itself out of being viable by giving ridiculous fees (though probably not as ridiculous as reported!) to American celebs the vast majority of the UK audience had never heard of.
JA
james-2001
Probably another reason to end the show, if the only people they can get on it are barely known American celebs that are costing them a fortune.
MC
mccanmat
Channel 5’s ratings are really feeling the effect of not having Celebrity Big Brother on. Since the 2nd January (the day CBB usually launches) Channel 5 have not managed to get close to the rating it got on the same day the year before. For example on the 6th Jan 2018 CBB got 1.4M on the 6th Jan 2019 The Price Is Right got just 480K.

You might want to check your ratings... the price is right was last shown by the channel 4 network with Alan Carr in 2017/2018
GM
GMc
I think Upload TV possible meant "Do the Right Thing with Eamonn & Ruth"...
UT
Upload TV
GMc posted:
I think Upload TV possible meant "Do the Right Thing with Eamonn & Ruth"...

Yes, I did. Apologies Embarassed
JO
Jonwo
Chanel 4 went through a similar phase if i recall. You have to expect a hit and then rebuild - that doesn't happen overnight.

Exactly, from Channel 5's POV, it's short term pain for long term gain

10 days later

DM
DeMarkay
The Big Brother House is being evicted from Elstree.
JA
james-2001
That will make it hard for another channel to bring it back.
VM
VMPhil
That will make it hard for another channel to bring it back.

Coming soon to Discovery Channel… Outdoor Big Brother!
BR
Brekkie
Tweet since deleted but like the previous reports it links to an article which clearly shows the house is still standing despite the headline saying it's been "TORN DOWN". All that's gone is the outdoor set.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/big-brother-house-shockingly-torn-13871125.amp?__twitter_impression=true
KE
kernow
The application for planning permission for the Big Brother house to remain until at least 2021 was approved by the council back in September, so can't see it being demolished any time soon

https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/360647-big-brother-house-planning-permission.html
DM
DeMarkay
The application for planning permission for the Big Brother house to remain until at least 2021 was approved by the council back in September, so can't see it being demolished any time soon

https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/360647-big-brother-house-planning-permission.html

The Big Brother house is in ruins and isn't being used this year.

As said, several times over the last few months, Elstree want the land back.

Newer posts