TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
_Tom_ posted:
You can access the other music channels through 4Music's red button iirc

Yes, Kiss, Magic and Kerrang! can be viewed with an internet connected Freeview TV/Box on the 4Music red button. But all the channels can be viewed for free on the website boxplus.com
ED
ExDSStar
I actually do think Channel 4 bought the channels to put 4Music on there All4 app, Through there may as well do that to the music channels too and not have a Box Plus app.
GE
thegeek Founding member
the Sunday Brunch thread is long archived, but I'm told that their last live show from Princess Studios was sometime before Christmas, the previous couple of episodes were pre-recorded, and today's is the first from their new home. I know it's TV Centre, though not sure which studio.

The set looks very much the same as before, though the windows looks a bit unnatural when they shoot them from wide angles.
AB
Abingdon
Someone on Twitter said it was from TC2
GO
gottago
Channel 4 are looking for a live daytime show to come from Leeds towards the end of the year when they’ve moved to the city.

https://www.channel4.com/commissioning/4producers/daytime
NG
noggin Founding member

The set looks very much the same as before, though the windows looks a bit unnatural when they shoot them from wide angles.

Yes - the view and window-pane lead-light grid look to be all part of a PBU at the same depth.
DM
DeMarkay
The Sunday Brunch set is awful and outdated. With a format like theirs and and a cr*p set, do they really expect to beat This Morning at the NTA’s?
JC
JCB
Channel 4 are looking for a live daytime show to come from Leeds towards the end of the year when they’ve moved to the city.

https://www.channel4.com/commissioning/4producers/daytime

It's great that Channel4 want to get back into daytime but then it becomes clear they've got a very specific idea of what they want. An opinionated **** who will generate reactionary clickbait for as cheaply as possible. It's also "very channel4" the way they're patting themselves on the back for moving out of the "London bubble". Something they wouldn't have done had it not been forced upon them.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Is there much in the way of studio availability in Leeds for anything that isn’t housing an Emmerdale set?
DO
dosxuk
Is there much in the way of studio availability in Leeds for anything that isn’t housing an Emmerdale set?

It does say the start date of the programme is subject to vary depending on the new HQ and studio, so I'd assume they're intending to build a space.
BR
Brekkie
Yes, a studio was part of the bid.
WA
watchingtv
Yes, a studio was part of the bid.

For News as well?

Newer posts