International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
ORF, Austria, 2019:

WW
WW Update
ATV (now CTV Atlantic), Canada's Maritime provinces, 1993 -- includes several reports about television in Canada:

UK
uktvwatcher
REN-TV, Russia, 2005:

And a year later, the graphics changed from blue to orange.
SE
seamus
Quite a BBC News 24 1999-2003 influence on that set design!
LT
LTSC1980
With the Reshet-10 merger has completed, Channel 10 News in Israel will become Channel 13 News...

Last edited by LTSC1980 on 13 January 2019 3:22am
WW
WW Update
CNN2 (later Headline News, now an embarrassing shell of its former self as HLN) premiered 37 years ago this month. This is how the new channel was introduced to American cable viewers on its sister stations CNN and WTBS:

JR
JRY
Mr Q posted:
BBI45 posted:
Mr Q posted:
TV2 still runs bulletins throughout the day, crossing to its news channel for breakfast updates and a lunchtime news bulletin. There are full editions of TV2 Nyhederne at 17:00, 18:00, 19:00 and 22:00 -- the latter moving to 21:30 in January. A new set is being constructed now, with Nyhederne currently using a temporary set.

Do you have any images or footage of the temporary studio?

I can't do video, but I can offer a few screen caps. It is essentially a mini-recreation of the old set - replicating the screens and newsroom desks that appear behind the newsreader in the standard shot, with some fake printed extensions to the left and right. The big screen to the right appears to be of higher resolution than the one on the original set!

Any idea when the new set will be unveiled? The work that's gone into the temporary set makes me think they could be in there for a while.
UK
uktvwatcher
TRK Ukraina, Ukraine, 2015:
LT
LTSC1980
Israel TV News Company, which produced newscast for Keshet 12 and Reshet 13 (and before that, Channel 2), will soon air all of newscast on Channel 12 as Channel 13 now have newscast from outgoing Channel 10.

MQ
Mr Q
JRY posted:
Mr Q posted:
BBI45 posted:
Do you have any images or footage of the temporary studio?

I can't do video, but I can offer a few screen caps. It is essentially a mini-recreation of the old set - replicating the screens and newsroom desks that appear behind the newsreader in the standard shot, with some fake printed extensions to the left and right. The big screen to the right appears to be of higher resolution than the one on the original set!

Any idea when the new set will be unveiled? The work that's gone into the temporary set makes me think they could be in there for a while.

The late news shifts from 22:00 to 21:30 on 28 January. So, my guess would be then. That said, the promos for the move are using the temp set - but I wouldn't read too much into that.
UK
uktvwatcher
NTV America, USA (Russian-language), Segodnya v Amerike, 2018:
BB
BBI45
All KBS News programmes have received a new look:

Newer posts