The Newsroom

Dianne Oxberry

BBC North West Tonight presenter has died aged 51. (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Quote:
Award-winning BBC television and radio presenter Dianne Oxberry has died aged 51 following a short illness, her family said.

She died at the Christie hospital in Manchester on Thursday morning.

Oxberry became well-known nationally on Radio 1, working alongside Simon Mayo and Steve Wright.

After studying meteorology she became the North West's weather presenter in 1994 and also fronted the Inside Out North West current affairs programme.

Fellow BBC North West Tonight presenters Roger Johnson and Annabel Tiffin said they were heartbroken and it was hard to imagine the programme without her.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-46820379
dazza1976 and Henry1691 gave kudos
BS
Ben Shatliff
Very, very sad news indeed. Dianne a professional caring and decent person who will be missed. Eternal Rest. RIP
Brekkie and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
ST
South Today
Extremely sad news this morning. For me Dianne and Gordon were North West Tonight whilst growing up in Cumbria. I can't imagine the programme without her. She was the only constant with the transition of the programme with GB departing, then Ranvir and finally Tony Livesey. Lovely to see Granada paying tribute to her this morning with leading the sad news on their GMB bulletins.
CH
chris
Very sad news. Same for me that Gordon and Dianne, later with Ranvir and Tony, were North West Tonight and had a fantastic dynamic. Big loss for the programme.
RD
RDJ
Terribly sad news. One of the warmest weather presenters out there who struck up such a team with Gordon, Ranvir, Tony, Annabel and Roger.
VM
VMPhil
It’s very hard to imagine North West Tonight without her, and I imagine many viewers will feel the same. Shocking and sad news.
NE
News96
Very sad News RIP
JK
JK08
I've worked with Dianne and she was a consummate professional. A very sad day for those at BBC North West and beyond.
LL
London Lite Founding member
The news is a massive shock. Dianne is as part of the furniture of the North West as Granada and Oasis.
Brekkie, Ben Shatliff and rob gave kudos
RO
rob Founding member
"God love Dianne Oxberry"

watchingtv and London Lite gave kudos
BA
bilky asko

A video containing 4:3 footage cropped to 16:9 (mixed with native 16:9), letterboxed into a portrait 16:9 video that doesn't display at full width on Twitter desktop and so has black bars on the side. It wouldn't be TV Forum if I didn't point this out.
Richard, London Lite and Joe gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Very sad news indeed. I most recall Dianne from her Radio 1 days.

Random thought: didn’t she present TOTP once as well?

RIP Dianne.

Newer posts