TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
There doesn't seem to be a Newsround thread, so I will post it here:
Ayshah Tull has left Newsround to "work on another BBC channel".
LS
LewisS
JoshX posted:
There doesn't seem to be a Newsround thread, so I will post it here:
Ayshah Tull has left Newsround to "work on another BBC channel".

Where are we all betting their going? BBC News?

12 days later

JO
Josh
Jenny Lawrence has returned from maternity leave on Newsround.

52 days later

:-(
A former member
That is a turn up for the books, CBBC has got a Xmas ident... its not used all the time,
UT
Upload TV
That is a turn up for the books, CBBC has got a Xmas ident... its not used all the time,

CBBC had an Xmas ident since 2016...
:-(
A former member
Its never properly mention or recorded.

9 days later

JO
Joe
Just randomly flicked past the overnight filler. The soundtrack sounds oddly familiar (a short loops of a bird tweeting and a dog barking). I don’t suppose anybody recognises it? (Expect some silly comments. Smile )

It reminds me a bit of a BBC One HD regional news Martin Parr filler soundtrack (that’s a mouthful).
DB
dbl
Yeah, it used to be the extended version of the current CBBC theme on a loop.

VM
VMPhil
Joe posted:
Just randomly flicked past the overnight filler. The soundtrack sounds oddly familiar (a short loops of a bird tweeting and a dog barking). I don’t suppose anybody recognises it? (Expect some silly comments. Smile )

It reminds me a bit of a BBC One HD regional news Martin Parr filler soundtrack (that’s a mouthful).

Is it the same piece of audio as the old Birdsong radio station on DAB used to use? (And originally used on test transmissions for Classic FM in 1992)
JO
Joe
I did wonder that, but wasn’t familiar with the barking dog version!

dbl posted:
Yeah, it used to be the extended version of the current CBBC theme on a loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14i5Ynr5j7E

An attempt to save bandwidth?
MU
Multi
Joe posted:

Is it the BBC Three overnight music?
DV
dvboy
Multi posted:
Joe posted:

Is it the BBC Three overnight music?

This? https://youtu.be/6_o9f8k7G-4

Newer posts