« Topics
Lou Scannon1,049 posts since 1 Jan 2016
HTV West Points West
During the Abingdon programme's final fortnight, they kept referring to "18 years of Central News South".

On the first main evening Birmingham programme after CN South was abolished, Bob Warman welcomed Herefordshire viewers back "after 17 years".

Presumably, the exact number of months that CN South existed was somewhere between 17 and 18 whole years?

I thought that the inconsistency between rounding up / rounding down was a bit naff.
I'm still a European.
Brekkie31,187 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
And next month marks 10 years since the end of the short lived ITV Thames Valley and Wesley losing his main anchor status. I still like to think we shall see him at the helm of a region once again.

More chance of the Queen abdicating than Bob Warman retiring it seems.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
South Today2,688 posts since 10 Feb 2003
And next month marks 10 years since the end of the short lived ITV Thames Valley and Wesley losing his main anchor status. I still like to think we shall see him at the helm of a region once again.

Time to go and let others have a chance!
Inspector Sands13,508 posts since 25 Aug 2004
Here's a puzzle for you... whatever happened to Derek Hobson after his spell at TSW? Also, I'd heard a rumour his contract wasn't renewed with ATV in 1979. All a mystery.

He was an occasional presenter on LBC in the early 90s, he used to fill in for Steve Allen
London Lite gave kudos
Brekkie31,187 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today

Time to go and let others have a chance!

Is that you Charles? Very Happy
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
Alex Plain-Later gave kudos
Mike W4,862 posts since 30 Apr 2006
London London
Suzanne Virdee back at the BBC reporting for this week's West Midlands edition of Inside Out.

And 'Andy' from Blue Peter's 'bad' Birmingham accent continues. I don't doubt his heritage, but he never spoke like that on Blue Peter (or any other programme he was on) but since (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-37289733/ex-blue-peter-presenter-why-i-changed-my-name).

It's almost like it's faked for the purposes of the programme.
Oh it's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you...
AlexS698 posts since 19 Oct 2016
Central (East) Midlands Today
Not exactly sure why they bothered to make an edition of Midlands today this evening. There was less than a minute of news with no reports contained inside a 3-minute bulletin more than half of which was spent on sport and a significant proportion of the remainder on weather.