TV Home Forum

Noel on Strike

And other Noel-related gubbins, by the looks of it (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Here is Episode 2 of Series 6 and its filled with nothingness, its crap, Even S5 had fun.

MW
Mike W
I work with the woman in the blobby suit... just saying.
A former member
When. it was always a man during most of the 90s?
MW
Mike W
When. it was always a man during most of the 90s?

No, Wikipedia says it was a man. PM me for further proof but it varied. She later played Mrs Blobby.
JA
james-2001
Wasn't Barry Killerby usually Blobby?
MW
Mike W
Wasn't Barry Killerby usually Blobby?

Usually... I’ll send you a PM lol, it’s an interesting thing but the voice was whoever was in the suit hence the variation in voices.
Like I said she often played Mrs Blobby after that was a thing
WH
Whataday Founding member
I believe there's a woman playing Blobby at the start of this clip. It's possible to decipher by 'unhearing' the more distracting parts of the vocal effect (which is easier whenever Blobby gets close to someone wearing a lapel mic).

8 days later

A former member
Who wants to see a prime time programme with very little content and shocking production values, nor entertainment even S5 was better than this.. Before you say it. This was supposed to be linchpin of the BBC Saturday night schedule, it's nothing to write home about. While on the other side you would have had Blind date and Gladiators. Set, really does look floop on left side where the hot house should be. Once again NO mr bobby it wasn't his fault for the series....

Last edited by A former member on 18 January 2019 5:16pm
RD
RDJ
They hyped that Primetime thing up way too much. Going on about it throughout the show then comparing it to a revolution in television history, to watch a bunch of students badly paint a minibus and do an awful dance in front of it.

Obviously producers were that convinced it was going to be that much of a success that they must have secretly promised Michael Winner that nothing would happen to him, even though the audience hated it.

Also NTV was dire once again. A particularly miserable man who didn't look too best pleased and confirmed that by swearing.

And even the Gotcha with John Inman was awful. There was just 90 seconds of him watching fireworks and looking confused.

It's becoming increasingly obvious why the show failed so badly from this series onwards.
A former member
That gotcha made no sense, What could have happened, Tent could have fall over many times, His speech get changed, Coach crashed reverving out, the fires dont work a second time and the guy running it tells him off, again. Q&A and he get asked such stupid Q. It dull dull dull..
WH
Whataday Founding member
Who wants to see a prime time programme with very little content and shocking production values, nor entertainment even S5 was better than this.. Before you say it. This was supposed to be linchpin of the BBC Saturday night schedule, it's nothing to write home about. While on the other side you would have had Blind date and Gladiators.

Actually I have a feeling on the other side you'd have the dying days of Beadle's About... but I might be wrong.
A former member
Alas Beadles final series was earlier 29 June 1996 - 21 September 1996 a few weeks before the return of NHP. 18.15 Gladiators, 19.15 Blind date and 20.15 Family fortunes. And to think BBC would have a film at 9pm on Saturday night before MOTD at 10.40

Newer posts