TV Home Forum

Comedy Central UK: New look for 2019

The channel has now adopted the recent brand refresh from the US channel, introduced there last year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Then someone made a mistake and changed it quickly Wink
OR
orange
Judging by the promo I’d say any day now. It’s a bit redundant having a promo saying premiering 14th Jan if said promo is aired on that date, where it usually turns into a ‘Tonight’ promo. Razz
OR
orange
Maybe even tomorrow!
_Tom_ posted:
It must mean they’re preparing it for UK shores then, this is what happened with the MTV branding too if I recall correctly. It’s born in the US, Viacom makes a local version of the look for Germany and then around the time after that we should get it. MTV Germany got the look before us too. Must be how they roll stuff out.

I wonder, would CC Extra get a similar look with the refreshed logo?

It’d be weird if it didn’t, it has with every rebrand thus far...
DB
dbl
FYI.. here's the case study for the relaunch

MC
mccanmat
One of those logos remind me of.... http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Lucky_Ladders?file=Lucky_Ladders_1991.png
SH
Shiruba98
Some more stuff from Loyalkaspar's Comedy Central rebrand

EDIT: Plus the yellow colour they now use is the channel's signature colour, appropriately named for a channel of this kind, Summer Ale. The channel's drifted away from using a huge colour palette and is now simply using Summer Ale as their hero colour with other colours being used to promote their shows with.
Last edited by Shiruba98 on 8 January 2019 9:31pm
VM
VMPhil
The new presentation has launched on both CC and CC Extra today.
SH
Shiruba98

Any captures of it?
VM
VMPhil

Any captures of it?

Here's some quick low res caps from CC Extra:

Breakbumper

Trail endboards (obviously if it's not an original it just says 'Comedy Central')

DOG (the 'Comedy Central' text disappears and the 'CC' logo goes translucent after this)

SH
Shiruba98

Any captures of it?

Here's some quick low res caps from CC Extra:

Breakbumper

Trail endboards (obviously if it's not an original it just says 'Comedy Central')

DOG (the 'Comedy Central' text disappears and the 'CC' logo goes translucent after this)

Not bad.
I see their new colour, Summer Ale is gonna be seen a lot on the channels now.
WH
what
That coloured DOG doesn’t look great. They need to either change the colour or tone it down.
Last edited by what on 9 January 2019 4:24pm
WH
what
DELETED - double post

Newer posts