TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Not a huge fan of this one - it's just a bit too busy and a bit too flat. Would have preferred really them to showcase a group of 4-5 artists a month and rotate them rather than have one per week.

I wonder how many of the 52 are already commissioned. I know they've said about student projects but it might be nice to have an open competition too, maybe for Christmas. That's something which would sit nicely within the regional news.
HC
Hatton Cross

What a load of pretentious twaddle.

"Every Sarhi has a story by the woman who wore it".
I don't doubt that, but you aren't going to be able to tell that story in a 6 second junction just before Tenable, are you?"

I really hope, once, just once in the remaining fifty films, you get one 'artist' who just says.
"Yeah. It's an ident. Says ITV made out of something. You see it before every programme. Nothing special. I met the brief. Be somert else next week. Cheers. Nice one"
SH
Shiruba98
I guess I'm the only one who likes these idents from their creativity and not because everyone thinks every ident will be great.
Not every ident will be good to your tastes but come on, accept these artists for showing their creativity and artistry on national TV.
Whataday and Graffismo gave kudos
WL
W1LL
It’s a nice concept but it just seems a little gimmicky if I’m honest. I imagine it hasn’t been particularly cheap to commission 52 artists and produce 52 sets of idents, and inevitably we’re going to end up with some duff ones. Definitely a strong effort, unlike a certain other TV channel and it’s poundshop presentation, but I can’t help but feel the money could have been spent better on commissioning one stand out presentation package instead.
lukeshep, Ittr and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
ID
Identity
This reminds me a little of the 2014 Eurovision postcards where each country would make the flag of theirs using different methods. I like it!
lukeshep, DeMarkay and Newsroom24 gave kudos
NE
Newsroom24
This reminds me a little of the 2014 Eurovision postcards where each country would make the flag of theirs using different methods. I like it!

Hadn't thought of it like that but now you say, it really does!
CY
cylon6
Well I suppose they're not going to knock it out of the park every week.

Yeah, I'm just impressed with the uniqueness and creativity.

It's supposed to be about the artists expressing themselves with the channel's logo, right?

Yep. It looks nice as an image but is a bit too static for me. It’s silly saying that really as only the camera moved with the logo last week, but projections on it brought it to life. I like how the BBC2 curve is constantly moving which gives them the edge over ITV’s idents for me.
VM
VMPhil

I really hope, once, just once in the remaining fifty films, you get one 'artist' who just says.
"Yeah. It's an ident. Says ITV made out of something. You see it before every programme. Nothing special. I met the brief. Be somert else next week. Cheers. Nice one"

So, you want Karl Pilkington to make an ident?
LL
London Lite Founding member
And yet these two sets so far are a league ahead of Oneness.
VM
VMPhil
The ITV logo has changed on the Virgin Media EPG to a three colour version using blue, off-white and grey, and it looks like a printout of the old logo that's faded in the sun:

MR
mr_vivian
It's similar to the one they use on twitter but they've changed the t to white due to the black background.

It's a little depressing. I wasn't a big fan of the previous version either but at least it had more vivid colours.
DM
DeMarkay
I've noticed that very recently, ITV has removed their DOG from the top left corner on the ITV 'Hub'.

Newer posts