TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
They were in Blackpool and I believe there is a Doctor Who exhibit in Madame Tussauds in Blackpool.

Not sure why they would want to do anything about a reflection? It's not that big a deal.
AN
Andrew Founding member
JAS84 posted:
That's a major production blunder. Did the car window reflected a bus shelter advert board promoting Doctor Who? Since that's a BBC show and they couldn't mention it (hence the lack of reference in the dialogue), they should've either reshot the scene or digitally erased the reflection.

“A major blunder” you sound like the Daily Express.

I expect they noticed it in post production but left it in, as at worst it’s just caused slight amusement, and at best, nobody noticed it.

Of course it wouldn’t be in the script
SQ
sqwidge1978
JAS84 posted:
That's a major production blunder. Did the car window reflected a bus shelter advert board promoting Doctor Who? Since that's a BBC show and they couldn't mention it (hence the lack of reference in the dialogue), they should've either reshot the scene or digitally erased the reflection.

I'm sure they have mentioned The BBC or shoes on the other side in Corrie and other itv programmes before, there isn't anything stopping them.
BA
bilky asko
JAS84 posted:

“A major blunder” you sound like the Daily Express.

I expect they noticed it in post production but left it in, as at worst it’s just caused slight amusement, and at best, nobody noticed it.

Of course it wouldn’t be in the script

"Roy maintains the wistful stare of a wizened cafetier as several Daleks and a TARDIS are reflected in the car window."
DavidWhitfield and james-2001 gave kudos
JA
james-2001
I'm suprised DS haven't put up an inane article about it, complete with quoting about 20 tweets, that's what they usually do!
DJ Dave, what and chevron gave kudos
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
And here it is the Corrie / Dr Who crossover episode. Mary about to be exterminated. Very Happy

JA
james-2001
I notice we've just reached the point where Corrie shortened their end credits, but a few weeks away from where they reduced the size of the text so it will be more readable with the faster scrolling, or bought in the new background for the credits.

Also noticed the phone box on the street had just appeared- with the old BT logo, even though the new logo was bought in about 3 weeks before the episode aired!
JA
JAS84
That was just unlucky timing on Granada's part - I'm sure that phone box prop would've been ordered when the old logo was still in use!
JA
james-2001
Speaking of phone boxes, in last night's episode Gina seemed to have found the only phone box in existence with a redial button.
JB
JasonB
Speaking of phone boxes, in last night's episode Gina seemed to have found the only phone box in existence with a redial button.

And Digital Spy are on the case!

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a25781472/coronation-street-payphone-confusion-gina-duncan-wife/
DA
davidhorman
Not only redial, but also apparently a "speak the last number out loud" button.
JA
james-2001
Maybe Gina can recognise DTMF tones by ear Razz

Though I think some payphones does have the dialed number appear on the LCD screen, so there is that.

Newer posts