TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
Asa posted:
Titles and VO have indeed changed this morning. It's now 'Live from Television Centre'

Shouldn’t it be “Live from ITV Studios”?!
<runs for cover>

A nice update, great to hear TVC namechecked and brings the titles back in line with the original concept of focusing on the building they’re in. Which is seemingly for the foreseeable future now!

Their original plan was to be in Television Centre until around 2022 - that has now gone out the window, and unless ITV manage to find two studios more cheaper to sublet, then Television Centre and White City will be ITV Daytime home for forever. Good business deal from ITV and BBC Studioworks. I do know BBC Studioworks were worried in 2017 about the possibilities of Studio 2. That small studio would be not very attractive to productions, and they must be relieved to have a regular booking now for Lorraine, Loose Women and Peston for it. I think Television Centre is doing very well. I am so happy to see it back to life, aren't you?
UT
Upload TV
Looking back on the titles, I’ve realised that in the TVC shot all the vehicles/people are going backwards..... Confused
Ittr and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
Asa posted:
Titles and VO have indeed changed this morning. It's now 'Live from Television Centre'

<runs for cover>

A nice update, great to hear TVC namechecked and brings the titles back in line with the original concept of focusing on the building they’re in. Which is seemingly for the foreseeable future now!

Their original plan was to be in Television Centre until around 2022 - that has now gone out the window, and unless ITV manage to find two studios more cheaper to sublet, then Television Centre and White City will be ITV Daytime home for forever. Good business deal from ITV and BBC Studioworks. I do know BBC Studioworks were worried in 2017 about the possibilities of Studio 2. That small studio would be not very attractive to productions, and they must be relieved to have a regular booking now for Lorraine, Loose Women and Peston for it. I think Television Centre is doing very well. I am so happy to see it back to life, aren't you?

Are you still going on about the bl00dy TVC. 8 or so months in can we please change the record...

I want to have words with Erron for putting it back out there *eye roll*
JK
JKDerry
Asa posted:
<runs for cover>

Are you still going on about the bl00dy TVC. 8 or so months in can we please change the record...

I want to have words with Erron for putting it back out there *eye roll*

I am not going on about it - I am happy with the intro change and that is it now. I didn't bring it up.
DM
DeMarkay
I'm so sorry to say this but, in April 2018, when they moved from the London Studios to Television Centre, you all complained that the opening VO said: "Live from the ITV Studios, in London" and banged on about how it wasn't politically correct and should be changed to "Live from Television Centre, in London".

Now that it has been changed, someone still has to complain about it. Just like This Morning, Good Morning Britain have updated their opening titles to showcase their brand new home, and with a brand new home, comes a brand new VO.

I'm very happy with the change, not that it ever bothered me, but it really irked some people on here.
MC
mccanmat
Looking back on the titles, I’ve realised that in the TVC shot all the vehicles/people are going backwards..... Confused

A bit like some of the TV-Am (GMB) titles? 😜
bilky asko and Upload TV gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
So essentially they’ve updated the elements of the titles that were fine, and have left the elements which are no longer consistent with the ITV brand. I’m not a huge fan of being hurled towards TVC so early in the morning, it’s a little jarring.

After watching Piers rant and rave this morning, I’m becoming increasingly convinced the wheels are starting to fall off this version of GMB. There’s nothing left for Piers to be outraged about, so they appear to just be going around in circles having the same contrived debates. When Piers started, he was truly a breath of fresh air. Three years later, the whole thing is rather stale; Susanna and Charlotte appear to be getting genuinely sick of Piers (beyond the usual playing up to the cameras). Eventually all of the hyperbole won’t make headlines, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Piers departing at the end of this year when his contract runs out.
JK
JKDerry
I'm so sorry to say this but, in April 2018, when they moved from the London Studios to Television Centre, you all complained that the opening VO said: "Live from the ITV Studios, in London" and banged on about how it wasn't politically correct and should be changed to "Live from Television Centre, in London".

Now that it has been changed, someone still has to complain about it. Just like This Morning, Good Morning Britain have updated their opening titles to showcase their brand new home, and with a brand new home, comes a brand new VO.

I'm very happy with the change, not that it ever bothered me, but it really irked some people on here.

I like the change. I am not complaining. I wanted it to be changed to Television Centre, it has been and that is it. Don't know why people are moaning now, do you?
BR
Brekkie
I like the change. I am not complaining. I wanted it to be changed to Television Centre, it has been and that is it. Don't know why people are moaning now, do you?

Nobody is moaning about it - it's just some people don't get (clearly signposted) sarcasm.
NA
natoswald
V/O this morning said the date was "Tuesday 11th of December, 2018"
WW
WW Update

Did the hosts mention the wrong VO?
NA
natoswald

Did the hosts mention the wrong VO?

They did at around 6.30