TV Home Forum

Dancing on Ice 2019

(December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Barney Rubble
It will match the rest of the show then?
BR
Brekkie
What's the betting that none of the production and studio faults from the previous series have been remedied by tonight's launch show? From what I have seen and heard, everything is unchanged.

Well they may have sorted most of the studio faults but production wise they haven't made the simple changes which were much criticised last year, especially having the first skate off be week 1 v week 2. Also not having an announcer for the skaters feels even cheaper this year - they don't need a separate one, Sam Matterface could easily do the job.

And more of a thought rather than a criticism but with the switch to app voting it's surprising no show of this ilk has thought to have viewers rate each act individually rather than just vote for their favourite. I think it would be much more interesting (and fairer) if viewers marked each performance and the viewers ranking was based on that instead.
BA
bilky asko
There was some pre recording done tonight for Sunday’s show. Audience had their phones removed. Looking forward to the speculation on Sunday as to what wasn’t live

None whatsoever, as the LIVE bug not being there is the giveaway.
BR
Brekkie
Maybe I've become immune to it but I didn't notice the LIVE bug all show.

Quite obvious though it would be the pro-routines which are pre-recorded, and IMO they just don't work as the "filler" after the voting.
JO
Johnr
It feels too much like they're trying to copy Strictly since the revival, rather than a gentle Sunday evening show. I still think Jayne and Chris work better in a supporting rather than judging role too.
MO
Mof
There was some pre recording done tonight for Sunday’s show. Audience had their phones removed. Looking forward to the speculation on Sunday as to what wasn’t live

None whatsoever, as the LIVE bug not being there is the giveaway.

The 'live' bug appeared after the opening group performance.
JA
jay Founding member
Felt like the audience needed a bit more warming up (pardon the pun) - at times it felt really flat. I agree with Jane and Chris going back to being mentors too - they were always the friendly voices that bridged the judges criticism with the contestants, but when they give low scores the audience don’t know what to do as they seem too ‘nice’ to boo.
MR
mr_vivian
I sat through a full Dancing On Ice episode for the first time ever because Gemma Collins was on it and they left her till the end predictably.

I definetely won't be doing that again. I'll just watch her bit on Youtube.

The 2 hours consisted of a lot of waffle and filler.
JK
JKDerry
I sat through a full Dancing On Ice episode for the first time ever because Gemma Collins was on it and they left her till the end predictably.

Strictly did the same with Joe Sugg, to keep his fanbase watching until the end.
TR
TROGGLES

Strictly did the same with Joe Sugg, to keep his fanbase watching until the end.

Interesting situation with Joe Sugg. The BBC wanted a safe YouTuber to bring in the demographic, after the celebrity Jungle business with Jack Maynard. He was as safe as they could get. Given he co-owns a management company looking after many YouTub floggers - sorry Vloggers, and has been completely media trained nothing could possibly go wrong - except his business partner Caspar Lee gets into a fight with one of the people they manage (and Lee lives with) over not flushing the loo (the Sun missed out on a 'Turdgate' headline there. Not to mention Suggs sister and a rather idiotic boyfriend release pointless books & advent calendars, no pun intended Wink
If you want the demographic I suppose you have to put up with the childish behavior.
BR
Brekkie

That says everything we need to know about you. She is the biggest waste of space in TV.
AS
AlexS

Interesting situation with Joe Sugg. The BBC wanted a safe YouTuber to bring in the demographic, after the celebrity Jungle business with Jack Maynard. He was as safe as they could get. Given he co-owns a management company looking after many YouTub floggers - sorry Vloggers, and has been completely media trained nothing could possibly go wrong - except his business partner Caspar Lee gets into a fight with one of the people they manage (and Lee lives with) over not flushing the loo (the Sun missed out on a 'Turdgate' headline there. Not to mention Suggs sister and a rather idiotic boyfriend release pointless books & advent calendars, no pun intended Wink
If you want the demographic I suppose you have to put up with the childish behavior.

I think a lot of the criticism of Youtube creators is highly exaggerated if not completely untrue for various reasons. Let's not pretend that Caspar got in anything even close to a fight with his housemate when the truth is not even close to that and the whole argument was made up in the knowledge and agreement of them both in order to show how easy it is for influencers to manipulate viewers and the media (or more likely for views in my opinion). Even the various products sold by youtubers are no worse or more overpriced than those promoted by other celebrities on the whole (although Zoe's advent calendar may well be indefensible).

Newer posts