TV Home Forum

Comedy Central UK: New look for 2019

The channel has now adopted the recent brand refresh from the US channel, introduced there last year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SH
Shiruba98
So I was on Twitter and I noticed something on Comedy Central's page.

They've finally adopted the new look from the States, just days after the German version got the new look and became a 24-hour channel after VIVA said goodbye after 25 years.

Not sure if the new look is on the channel at the moment but for now, here's how it looks on the German version of the channel.

The double C logo remains the same, the lines are a bit thicker now. And a new custom-made font by Loyalkaspar (who also did the rebrand) called Comedy Sans is now the typeface for the channel.
TL
Tyler LastName
I'm watching comedy Central and... nope. Still the 2015 branding.
:-(
A former member
Only the logo changed when they removed the holly version. Nothing else. Yet.
SH
Shiruba98

If you look at their social media pages, they have the new branding from the US.

EDIT: Here's their new profile pic
TL
Tyler LastName

If you look at their social media pages, they have the new branding from the US.

EDIT: Here's their new profile pic

Some brands use their new logo on socal media, websites etc. Case in point, when Disney XD rebranded, the new logo was on the website WAY before the rebrand happened on TV. (the rebrand happened in February 2016 while the logo was on the website as early as 2015.)
OR
orange
It must mean they’re preparing it for UK shores then, this is what happened with the MTV branding too if I recall correctly. It’s born in the US, Viacom makes a local version of the look for Germany and then around the time after that we should get it. MTV Germany got the look before us too. Must be how they roll stuff out.
A former member
Watch out for next week... New roast battle starts then on 15 th Jan.
SH
Shiruba98
_Tom_ posted:
It must mean they’re preparing it for UK shores then, this is what happened with the MTV branding too if I recall correctly. It’s born in the US, Viacom makes a local version of the look for Germany and then around the time after that we should get it. MTV Germany got the look before us too. Must be how they roll stuff out.

And if I recall, Nickelodeon had a brand refresh in March 2017 over in the US, it started rolling out across Europe in the summer before arriving in the UK by September.

And just last year, Nick Jr. got one too in the States back in May, before launching in Europe throughout the summer, then launching in Latin America in September. It hasn't landed in the UK yet however.
A very cute refresh featuring real kids interacting with their favourite Nick Jr. friends.
SH
Shiruba98
_Tom_ posted:

I wonder, would CC Extra get a similar look with the refreshed logo?
SH
Shiruba98
So I found this on CC's Facebook and it shows a bit of the new look in motion.
No doubt something like this will be on the channel soon. Probably when Roast Battle premieres next week.
A former member
Like I said..
SH
Shiruba98
Like I said..

Um, it's the 14th January, not the 15th

Newer posts