« Topics
mediamonkey9116 posts since 20 Jan 2019
Granada North West Today
This is great news, do you think we will get full 4K and HDR support as with the Apple TV box or is it likely to be a ‘lite’ version? Also, Apple are really pushing Dolby Vision on their titles so could Samsung finally concede and support that format or are we stuck with HDR10?
DVB Cornwall8,098 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
This week's extraordinary deal on films, a whole batch of recent titles, including 2018 Oscar winners are only £2.99 in all formats, leads me to believe that Apple are on the verge of launching the long mooted Film (and possibly TV) subscription service at WWDC19 in the spring. There really can't be any other reason to discount 'Darkest Hour'. 'Three Billboards', 'Baby Driver' and 'Shape of Water' etc. so heavily.
mediamonkey9116 posts since 20 Jan 2019
Granada North West Today
I noticed the same thing... Films that were only out in the cinema a few months ago discounted to just £2.99 in 4K. I bought quite a few but may live to regret it if the streaming service does take off as it will have been a waste. Is the rumoured service likely to be open access to their entire film and TV library for a monthly subscription or will it only be select titles a la Netflix and Amazon Prime?
Jake523 posts since 10 Jan 2006
Central (East) East Midlands Today
This week's extraordinary deal on films, a whole batch of recent titles, including 2018 Oscar winners are only £2.99 in all formats, leads me to believe that Apple are on the verge of launching the long mooted Film (and possibly TV) subscription service at WWDC19 in the spring. There really can't be any other reason to discount 'Darkest Hour'. 'Three Billboards', 'Baby Driver' and 'Shape of Water' etc. so heavily.

Seems to be a few more providers doing the same. https://www.megamovieweek.co.uk