TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ID
Identity
Moz posted:
Wicko posted:
Must say, this Madness concert is one of the jolliest things I've seen for a long time!

A good choice, who doesn't like Madness?

ME!!! Thumbs down

Me also. Just sounds like drunks on a night out
RU
russty_russ
Moz posted:
A good choice, who doesn't like Madness?

ME!!! Thumbs down

Me also. Just sounds like drunks on a night out

Probably wearing Baggy Trousers.
HB
HarryB
Shown after a clip/advert of Luther after Eastenders just now.

BR
Brekkie
This maybe an old issue but watching BBC1 live for the first time in ages and the inconsistencies of their trailer endboards.
Four trailers before QT - one with the dropping O over image and centred text above, a second in the classic style with the logo midscreen and two in a style I've not noticed before with the logo at the bottom and larger text above, though still on the RHS.
BR
Brekkie
Shown after a clip/advert of Luther after Eastenders just now.

Looks like somebody at BBC Drama forgot their lines. Laughing
MM
MMcG198
This maybe an old issue but watching BBC1 live for the first time in ages and the inconsistencies of their trailer endboards.
Four trailers before QT - one with the dropping O over image and centred text above, a second in the classic style with the logo midscreen and two in a style I've not noticed before with the logo at the bottom and larger text above, though still on the RHS.

BBC One has been a mess for quite a while. And even when BBC Creative are handed a nice new OSP (i.e. BBC Two), they'll still manage to screw up the formatting of the trails, with a healthy dose of inconsistency.

10 days later

AS
Asa Admin
Danny Dyer's new show is being plugged on the radio trail as "Wednesday, 9pm, on BBC iPlayer". I wonder what the rationale is behind that? Trying to promote the live feature of the service, or thinking the iPlayer brand may stick in the mind more than saying which channel it's actually on?

At least they didn't say it was on BBC Sounds.
BR
Brekkie
They obviously think BBC1 viewers wouldn't watch it. Really is a BBC3 show at best I'd have thought - or to be more precise Dave.

I guess we should just appreciate that TV continuity doesn't follow the same principle as radio so we don't have "On Freeview 1, Youview 1, Sky 101, Virgin 101, Freesat 101, on iPlayer and in HD on... , this is BBC One".
JK
JKDerry
Asa posted:
Danny Dyer's new show is being plugged on the radio trail as "Wednesday, 9pm, on BBC iPlayer". I wonder what the rationale is behind that? Trying to promote the live feature of the service, or thinking the iPlayer brand may stick in the mind more than saying which channel it's actually on?

The question really should be, why did they commission this programme in the first place? Was it under Danny's contract deal with the BBC, and they have to burn it off as quick as possible?
SW
Steve Williams
The question really should be, why did they commission this programme in the first place?

Because they thought it would be entertaining and interesting?

Not all factual programmes have to be The World At War.
BA
bilky asko
Asa posted:

The question really should be, why did they commission this programme in the first place? Was it under Danny's contract deal with the BBC, and they have to burn it off as quick as possible?

Yes, that's why there's an abundance of trailers for it on TV and radio...
Steve Williams, Brekkie and Custard56 gave kudos
KE
kernow
There's a rare English regional variation on BBC One London this evening, with a debate called "London's Knife Wars" at 10:45pm.

It's a 45 minute programme, being shown in place of a repeat of A Question of Sport, so is pushing the repeat of Michael McIntyre's Big Surprises back 15 minutes to 11:30pm.

I'm a bit surprised it wasn't shown at the same time yesterday in place of Have I Got A Bit More Old News For You, as that was a 45 minute slot, so wouldn't have affected subsequent programmes, and was also followed by "Kids in the Crossfire", which had a similar subject matter to tonight's debate.

Newer posts