TV Home Forum

ITV presentation refresh in the New Year

New idents, ECPs, promos. Split from Good Morning Britain (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MR
mr_vivian
Remember the last refresh itv had - several continuity announcers were replaced with the changes. Dominic Green made his last announcement last night- just saying!

No way. That's a shame.
RD
RDJ
Remember the last refresh itv had - several continuity announcers were replaced with the changes. Dominic Green made his last announcement last night- just saying!

That means the GMB annos may need a re-record then.
JA
JAS84
GMB needs a new title sequence anyway, because it includes the old ITV logo animation.
AN
Andrew Founding member
He’s still doing GMB. Live continuity many days a week and pre recording a load of dates in one session are two very different things.
TV
TV Times
I wonder if any others might be going? The chap tonight is pretty awful.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Will there be a final montage of the ITV idents tonight?? I doubt it...
VM
VMPhil
Will there be a final montage of the ITV idents tonight?? I doubt it...

"Look your last now because the face of ITV is changing forever as of tomorrow morning…"
WH
Whataday Founding member
Farewell then, ITV idents - you served us better than any other of your kind. An era when ITV finally got their **** together and paved their path for survival.
TO
tomo359
I will actually miss the idents. Yes they weren't anything amazing or special but I really liked them. I think it was more because I liked the whole 2013 rebrand. The whole new look just worked so well and ITV clearly put a lot of work into it.
I really hope the refresh is as good as it looks from the small previews we've had.
DB
dbl
RDJ posted:

That means the GMB annos may need a re-record then.

Not really, GMB would be treated as a separate voiceover gig.
TI
This Is Granada
Will the 'ITV Choice' channel that currently uses the same idents/branding as ITV in the UK be updated with the new look ITV logo....or will Choice be stuck with pugwash and the like going forward?

So maybe UTV and ITV Choice will keep the 2013-2018 branding look and feel, while ITV1 gets the brand refresh.
DB
dbl
I will actually miss the idents. Yes they weren't anything amazing or special but I really liked them. I think it was more because I liked the whole 2013 rebrand. The whole new look just worked so well and ITV clearly put a lot of work into it.
I really hope the refresh is as good as it looks from the small previews we've had.

Indeed, they weren't the loudest - but they helped kick off ITV in the right direction in a branding sense from the messy 2002-2012 era.

Newer posts