TV Home Forum

ITV presentation refresh in the New Year

New idents, ECPs, promos. Split from Good Morning Britain (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DW
DavidWhitfield

So, 'more than TV' isn't just a slogan for the magazine. The logo isn't limited to the colours we've seen previously and still appears to have some element of colour picking involved. The programme name is in its own set style, and not in Reem.

I thought they wold keep the colour picking as it is a good idea and works, just looks like the have made the "I" and the "v" more 3d then the "t"

I think they have colour picked to an extent. Most of the background is black so they can be forgiven for not making one or more of the segments black/very dark as they'd be rendered invisible. There's bit of white and red in the background, so I would suggest they're still (loosely?) colour picking.
CH
chevron
just looks like the have made the "I" and the "v" more 3d then the "t"

I think it's the 'cut-out' style referenced in post one. Quite effective!
NB
NicB1971
I can't see any difference in the naff logo Rolling Eyes
lukeshep and Custard56 gave kudos
JA
JAS84
Well, the one colour flat version as used by News and the other channels will be unchanged. All they did was get rid of one of the colours from the T and V, and add a 3D cutout effect.
FA
fanoftv
I’m wondering if this is to differentiate the ITV(1) brand from the corporate. However they have said that the itv Hub logo will be changing, I suppose this could join the multichannel and sub brand approach of the solid itv with the three segment version for the main channel only.
AS
Asa Admin
They've started promoting it on the channel...

MM
MMcG198
Asa posted:
They've started promoting it on the channel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_9s_h32-K8

Neither the ITV magazine trail nor the ITV Creates promotion are being aired in UTV land. They've never had any issues planting ITV-branded promos for new dramas inside ad breaks on UTV. The prospect of UTV running with the same old idents on 1st January seems a little more likely.
IN
Interceptor
The ITV Creates trailer reminds me very much of the Stonewall era Children's ITV logo.

Nice to see ITV making an effort to keep their brand fresh. Be interesting to see what happens beyond next Christmas.
SC
SCBNI
Some slightly larger images of the new idents available here: https://www.itsnicethat.com/news/itv-creates-artist-idents-film-181218

More at the link above.
DeMarkay, DJ Dave and Spencer gave kudos
DW
DavidWhitfield
Seems like this is going to be a massively unpopular opinion from looking through everyone else's comments, but I am looking at those and just thinking 'ugh'. I thought consistency was key in branding? It's going to look like you're watching a different channel every seven days and that doesn't sit well with me at all. I'll wait and see how it actually plays out on telly before I pour further scorn on it, but I don't like the idea of this 'different artist doing the branding every week' plan one bit.
SP
Spencer
It seems a bit strange that some of the idents are still based around the existing five coloured segmented logo format, whereas elsewhere they’re using the new, simplified version with the three segments.
:-(
A former member
I think it’ll just be the idents that change each week, surely the surrounding presentation will keep the consistency. It’s as consistent as a pug being washed in a kitchen sink being in the same set as a blurry shot of Big Ben.

As an aside, I rather like the look of the projected light ones. Makes me think of some of the original Channel 5 idents. In fact, the whole project is making me think of that. What I’ve seen so far looks great.

Newer posts