The Newsroom

NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC affiliates and TODAY

NBC launches new Washington D.C. bureau and studios (February 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
During Nightly News on Christmas they played out a full length credits to everyone who worked on their show. It’s about four minutes long.

I would like to see them do a network wide credits either online including everybody in the NBCU News Group (kind of like at the end of the Olympics there are 20 minutes of credits of everyone who worked). Today did one as well at the end of the fourth hour on Christmas (which I missed as its preempted - the only station in the country Sad ). The names MSNBC shows do their owns like The Rachel Maddow Show does Christmas ornaments - specifically bulbs rising showing each persons face with their title.
RK
Rkolsen
Also, here are some interesting facts from the NBC News Specials Unit. So far this year they’ve produced 165 special reports, 1 ticker totaling 82 hours.
LH
lhx1985
During Nightly News on Christmas they played out a full length credits to everyone who worked on their show.

Peter Levy?! Shocked
TI
tightrope78
Whilst it’s lovely they did that it’s a pity they didn’t play the full version of ‘The Mission’.
RK
Rkolsen
Whilst it’s lovely they did that it’s a pity they didn’t play the full version of ‘The Mission’.

Certain parts may cause people to think something bad has happened.
SE
seamus
The special report cut of The Mission certainly leaves a knot in my stomach whenever I hear it in the background!
TI
tightrope78

Certain parts may cause people to think something bad has happened.

I think I’m right in saying that the piece used for Special Reports and Meet the Press is actually part of the wider suite and known as ‘The Pulse of Events’. I was referring to the 3 minute piece that was previously used on occasions for closing titles etc.

RD
rdd Founding member
If you listen carefully to the anchor’s close you can hear them play the opening of “The Mission” softly underneath - including the bit that used to be the “Today” theme. The fact that he actually referred to the piece makes it even more of a pity they didn’t play the full thing out.
TV
TVViewer256
Am I just imagining it or was Morning Joe in a different studio this morning. It looked like there was a large (new) curved screen, but I might just be imagining
RK
Rkolsen
Am I just imagining it or was Morning Joe in a different studio this morning. It looked like there was a large (new) curved screen, but I might just be imagining

Same studio just a lot of guests and Mika appearing remotely. Prior to the election they expanded the video wall to where the newsroom portion is and curved the screen. On the opposite side is the weather center which also got LED screens.

Before that there was just a strip of bezelless LCD monitors on each side and frequently put the big board at the corner where the wall met those screens.

It looks very good during round table segments where there are remote guests where they can appear along side.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 2 January 2019 11:40pm
MO
Mouseboy33

Same studio just a lot of guests and Mika appearing remotely. Prior to the election they expanded the video wall to where the newsroom portion is and curved the screen. On the opposite side is the weather center which also got LED screens.

Before that there was just a strip of bezelless LCD monitors on each side and frequently put the big board at the corner where the wall met those screens.

It looks very good during round table segments where there are remote guests where they can appear along side.

Before
After
RK
Rkolsen
Full Credits for Today:

And Today with KLG and Hoda (surprised there isn’t a credit for a sommelier*).

*With Kathie Lee Retiring and rumors of Hoda focusing on the main show think about the amount of money they’ll save on wine. About five years ago when Erica Hill started at Today they showed her the wine fridge (not a regular wine fridge a full height commercial fridge) - it was stacked full of a variety of wines.

Newer posts