TV Home Forum

ITV presentation refresh in the New Year

New idents, ECPs, promos. Split from Good Morning Britain (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
BBC Scotland still has a LIVE show for some unknown reason always with Jackie Bird. STV give up the ghost years ago but still make pre-recorded show, Last year it was Thingummyjig... This year its LULU, auld year show.

I think it's ONLY BEEN ONCE STV has taken the ITN NEWS programme, Even in 1992 there still had there own show, I think it was somewhere in the mid 00s and STV got a backlash for it so in come the recorded shows once again.

GM
Gary McEwan
Believe it or not, I think Jackie Bird hosting it over the last few years has became the main point and seems to down well with what I've read previously on Social feeds.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Presumably from 2019-20 the BBC Scotland programme will be moved to BBC Scotland.

(That sounds daft --- but virtually all here will understand the logic in that statement)
BR
Brekkie
BBC Scotland still has a LIVE show for some unknown reason always with Jackie Bird. STV give up the ghost years ago but still make pre-recorded show, Last year it was Thingummyjig... This year its LULU, auld year show.

I think it's ONLY BEEN ONCE STV has taken the ITN NEWS programme, Even in 1992 there still had there own show, I think it was somewhere in the mid 00s and STV got a backlash for it so in come the recorded shows once again.

Have you been DAILY EXPRESSED? Wink
AN
Andrew Founding member
Also most viewers will be watching BBC One and ITV do not bother with New Year's Eve live programming anymore. Does anyone remember the last time they had a proper live event show which was not a simple ITV News bulletin leading into midnight?

I believe it was in 2007, when they showed a live Take That concert from the O2.

I recall it got poor ratings, everyone just watched New Year Live on BBC One.

Then ironically BBC one picked up the same format of having a band on on New Year’s Eve, and they always rate well, despite what band it is, as as others have said, to a lot of people it’s just background noise.
JO
Josh

Have you been DAILY EXPRESSED? Wink

I'm a SHOUTY MAN!
:-(
A former member
It was a good point that was raised earlier - presumably with the new look launching on a Tuesday, that’s the day they’ll change each week? Which seems odd.
BA
bilky asko
JAS84 posted:
There isn't even a Waitrose near where I live, we're not posh enough Razz
Same here. No Waitrose in Hull

There's one in Willerby - not very far away.

Incidentally, both the Willerby and York branches are my nearest branch at 40 miles away.
AJ
AJ
Or the first ident will just have a shorter run?
DW
DavidWhitfield
AJ posted:
Or the first ident will just have a shorter run?

Well, you'd assume if the idea is to let every artist have a full week, it would have to work Tuesday to Tuesday. They couldn't have it where the first woman only gets half a week, and then there's a few days spare at the back end of the year.
AN
Andrew Founding member

DW
DavidWhitfield
So, 'more than TV' isn't just a slogan for the magazine. The logo isn't limited to the colours we've seen previously and still appears to have some element of colour picking involved. The programme name is in its own set style, and not in Reem.

Newer posts