The Newsroom

New Meridian, BBC South & South East Thread

WM
WMD Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
According to Peter Henley on South Today just now, the new stand-alone Sunday Politics South opt will be live on Sunday. Previously, like other English regions, recorded on Friday afternoons.
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Ex Meridian reporter Marcella Whittingdale shadowed Ellie Crisell on the early shift and presented the 9am opt of SET on Breakfast.
LL
It also looks like Polly Evans has moved to become Social Affairs Correspondent.
ST
South Today
So back to musical chairs on the main edition of SET it seems then. I do highly rate Natalie Graham though, plus she has been there since the very beginning. Along with the ever superb John Young. It's a shame Ian Palmer, again who has been there since the beginning, has never presented the main edition.
LL
So back to musical chairs on the main edition of SET it seems then. I do highly rate Natalie Graham though, plus she has been there since the very beginning. Along with the ever superb John Young. It's a shame Ian Palmer, again who has been there since the beginning, has never presented the main edition.

So it does look like Natalie Graham is now not only the presenter of Inside Out AND Sunday Politics South East, but the main female lead on SET. If they follow the pattern that Polly had, I'd like to think Ellie Crisell would get at least the Friday bulletin, considering her experience on Newsround and network.
ST
South Today

So it does look like Natalie Graham is now not only the presenter of Inside Out AND Sunday Politics South East, but the main female lead on SET. If they follow the pattern that Polly had, I'd like to think Ellie Crisell would get at least the Friday bulletin, considering her experience on Newsround and network.

Well, she certainly deserves the top gig! Rather strange that Natalie was conducting a two way report with Polly tonight live in Redhill. It would have been nice if they had explained to viewers Polly is back on the road etc.
LL
After Martin Dowse's funeral today, ITV News Meridian aired this tribute to him at the end of the bulletin.

75 days later

DE
deejay Oxford
Last nights Panorama was a BBC South production. I can’t think of another time an English region has been responsible for this particular programme and it was nice to see a (small) BBC South credit on the network!

Panorama, Ripped Off? Join the Club: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bv1tmv
Two minutes regions...
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Interesting - they usually credit BBC English Regions if a non Network Production Centre gets something on the network (other than BBC Four repeats of regional docs).
Write that down in your copybook now.

23 days later

ST
South Today
SET opened both their bulletins today with old title sequences.
JO
Joe
Is there a reason? How old?
ST
South Today
The pre September 2014 refresh.

Newer posts