TV Home Forum

Dancing on Ice 2019

(December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
I did not expect i would have to create this thread, however It would seem there are some new stings/ break bupers appearing going into and out of the adverts: Here is a few of them.. I dare say everyone has one..

MR
mr_vivian
Just like the I'm a celeb stings
A former member
Its a Very itv2 thing.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
What we want to know is:- Have they got rid of the training rink and increased the size and shape of the main rink to improve the overall experience and presentation of the show?? The camera angles last year were way too close to the action and there was no sense of speed to the skating which made for little excitement. The rink was far too small and an awkward oval.

The size of the rink was the main disappointment about last year's show, along with a whole host of other things, such as the 3D scoreboard.
Last edited by Juicy Joe on 26 December 2018 1:26pm - 2 times in total
JO
Johnr
The show last year just felt a bit flat, at least they sorted out the commentary by week 2!

It was just little things too, the audience didn't even clap along to the opening titles as an example!
JJ
Johnr posted:

It was just little things too...

The rink being one of these little things - TOO LITTLE!!!
BR
Brekkie
Considering they've hired Kem from Love Island to replace Jordan Banjo as their "digital presenter" I suspect the training rink remains. I think it was the backdrop of the screens which made it feel small.

Johnr posted:
The show last year just felt a bit flat, at least they sorted out the commentary by week 2!

Although arguably that might have been one call that did make it feel flat.
FO
FanOfTV99
Considering they've hired Kem from Love Island to replace Jordan Banjo as their "digital presenter".

Well I'm not watching then.
DE
DE88
Johnr posted:

It was just little things too, the audience didn't even clap along to the opening titles as an example!

Phil *and* Holly announcing which couples were through to the following week also felt a bit strange after so many years of Phil making these announcements alone - though I can understand why ITV made this change.
A former member
It would be nice if holly could do some stuff on her own on this show. it just look ajar with them always together.
XQ
XQD
Considering they've hired Kem from Love Island to replace Jordan Banjo as their "digital presenter" I suspect the training rink remains. I think it was the backdrop of the screens which made it feel small.

The training rink has been included as part of an updated studio design, but will not feature on screen in the new series. The 'tunnel' has more prominence, and the skaters will still warm up on the training rink, before entering the studio one. The set has also received a slight refresh, included updated screens and colours, with the main studio rink being slightly larger in size, with a more square shape. The size of the audience has also been marginally increased.

The show will be live from the purpose-built facilities at Bovingdon Airfield again and the studio and the ancillary building(s) are of a semi-permanent design, with planning permission having been granted to maintain the site until 2023.
Brekkie, TVFan2017 and Juicy Joe gave kudos
JJ
LCL92 posted:

The training rink has been included as part of an updated studio design, but will not feature on screen in the new series. The 'tunnel' has more prominence, and the skaters will still warm up on the training rink, before entering the studio one. The set has also received a slight refresh, included updated screens and colours, with the main studio rink being slightly larger in size, with a more square shape. The size of the audience has also been marginally increased.

The show will be live from the purpose-built facilities at Bovingdon Airfield again and the studio and the ancillary building(s) are of a semi-permanent design, with planning permission having been granted to maintain the site until 2023.

This sounds more like it. Has the training rink actually decreased in size to accommodate a larger rink , or is it "larger" due to the fact it is a squarer shape? Wouldn't it need to be more rectangular in shape rather than square?? And didn't the tunnel receive enough prominence last year? Are the judges sitting more central in the rink along the length rather than the width? And are the audience in front of the cameras this year like the old series rather than being relegated to behind the action? Wouldn't the audience actually need to decrease in size in allow for a larger rink? Has the overall building been extended?

I recommend them all skating from week 1, I've heard they are going to split up again?

Do you work on the show?

Newer posts