« Topics
bkman19901,248 posts since 29 Jan 2012 Recently warned
UTV Newsline
Something really caught my eye as my mother was reading a newspaper today. There is a 2 page article in The Irish Catholic newspaper about UTV Live newsreader Paul Clark about him being a real superhero for Christmas. It has a photograph of him with his colleague Rose Neill from the old UTV Live news studio in Havelock House. The photograph was taken before the ITV News rebrand had taken over the programme. I recommend you give the article a read over the Christmas & New Year.
South Today gave kudos
Si-Co2,154 posts since 2 Oct 2003
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Were the 2016 and 2017 Santa Updates shown in "trailer airtime" as opposed to "ident airtime"?

Also, did they contain any references to the immediately surrounding programme schedule for their respective broadcast slots, or were they totally generic Santa info only?

Dependant on the answers to those questions, they arguably weren't "true" IVC. (Presenter being "in-vision", yes. "Continuity" as such, no)

Certainly in 2016, the in-vision Santa updates included an announcement into the following programme, which was followed by a clean UTV ident. I haven’t seen any recordings from 2017 though.
Cut out the coupon in your TV Times!
Lou Scannon1,167 posts since 1 Jan 2016
HTV West Points West
Is there anything going to be planned for UTV 60th birthday. I dare say that could be a reason why it was never renamed this year.

That settles it. UTV will *definately* be renamed as ITV on 1st November 2019 (the day after the anniversary)! Wink Laughing
I'm still a European.
ittrgrey and Brekkie gave kudos
Lou Scannon1,167 posts since 1 Jan 2016
HTV West Points West
Thanks JKDerry for sharing those links to the 2017 Santa Updates. Just as I suspected, totally generic with no reference to the surrounding programme schedule (assuming that all of them that year were like those two examples?)
I'm still a European.
JKDerry1,798 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
Is there anything going to be planned for UTV 60th birthday. I dare say that could be a reason why it was never renamed this year.

Dumping the name UTV on its 60th birthday will probably be unlikely to happen, as ITV would understand the PR problems that would have in the province.

My guess is the UTV name will remain for the foreseeable future. UTV maybe owned by ITV PLC, but they bought the name as well as everything else, and UTV will remain. If they really wanted to ditch it, they would not have provided a UTV alternative to the 2013 idents in the first place in 2016.
South Today gave kudos
Brekkie31,792 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today

My guess is the UTV name will remain for the foreseeable future. UTV maybe owned by ITV PLC, but they bought the name as well as everything else, and UTV will remain. If they really wanted to ditch it, they would not have provided a UTV alternative to the 2013 idents in the first place in 2016.

New year, new tune? Wink
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
tightrope78 gave kudos
JKDerry1,798 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline

New year, new tune? Wink

Reality check for me, yes.
denton1,049 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Quote:
April 2018 10:14pm
denton posted:

Julian's vo over the end credits of Emmerdale tonight:

"Here on UTV we're back in Emmerdale on Monday night at 7 o'clock. In half an hour Pamela Ballantine presents this week's edition of UTV Life, that's in between tonight's two episodes of Coronation Street and the first of those is coming up next."

Let's see how different (or not) it is next Friday night.

Tonight Julian said:

"Here on UTV we're back in Emmerdale on Monday night at 7 o'clock. In half an hour Pamela Ballantine presents this week's edition of UTV Life, that's in between tonight's two episodes of Coronation Street and the first of those is coming up next."

Word for word, exactly the same script

Well, that was April last year. Tonight Julian said:

"Here on UTV we're back in Emmerdale on Monday night at 7 o'clock. In just over half an hour Pamela Ballantine presents this week's edition of UTV Life, that's in between tonight's two episodes of Coronation Street the first of which is coming up next."

A brand new script! Kind of.
MMcG198 gave kudos