TV Home Forum

Loose Women

From TVC - April 2018 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NG
noggin Founding member
Yeah I royally fudged up that wording. I meant aside from the dedicated news studios, it was BBC News & Current Affairs' go-to "TC" studio.

Yes - I think TC2, then TC7 afterwards, was the 'bought out' small studio used by BBC News. They would only use other studios if TC2/7 was out of action for some reason, as they had already paid for their existing 'main block' studio.

The same approach was used by BBC Sport in TC5, when that was their bought out studio.

For a relatively long-time all the small studios at TV Centre were bought out: TC2 for CBBC, TC5 for Sport, TC7 for News.

As they were much smaller than TC3,4,6 and 8 - the 'Medium sized' studios at TV Centre (which were the popular studios) - the smaller studios were harder to sell for ad hoc shows, and selling them as a buy-out made more commercial sense.
WH
Whataday Founding member
And at some point I believe TC5 was divided into half for two separate sports programmes, similar to the set up for TC3 today.
JC
JamieCB
Coleen back in the anchor seat for the first time since that Kim Woodburn row in August, along with Nadia, Stacey and Gloria.

This will be interesting. Cool
JB
JasonB
I thought Coleen was on an indefinite break?
JO
Joe
Do you know what indefinite means?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Carol Vorderman returns to the show today, albeit as a guest.

Will be interesting to see who anchors today, as both Jane Moore and Nadia Sawalha are on the roster today, along with Linda Robson and Carol McGiffin.

Jane is a great anchor, IMO.
JW
JamesWorldNews
It was Nadia.

18 days later

RO
rob Founding member
Look out for a new set today...
JW
JamesWorldNews
rob posted:
Look out for a new set today...

The pinkish blueish logo reminds me of the old BBC Breakfast news hue......
TV
TVFan2017

Agreed! Hopefully they'll lose those awful glass frames behind the panel, looked much better without them over the festive period!
WH
what
Looks like it’ll be a full revamp:*
They’ve even got new graphics.
The font really doesn’t suit though. They need something less basic.
BB
BruceBBC
New set looks beautiful. A massive improvement!

Newer posts