TV Home Forum

Noel on Strike

And other Noel-related gubbins, by the looks of it (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
Xilla posted:

According to his CV he was Transmission Controller at BFBS TV during the 00s which is possibly where he might have stumbled across episodes of Noel's House Party?

He seems to have uploaded some recent episodes from thier original BBC1 airings, with the end credits of the preceding shows and continuity.

Though that could have been how BFBS got them at one point - off air
MA
Markymark
Xilla posted:

According to his CV he was Transmission Controller at BFBS TV during the 00s which is possibly where he might have stumbled across episodes of Noel's House Party?

He seems to have uploaded some recent episodes from thier original BBC1 airings, with the end credits of the preceding shows and continuity.

Though that could have been how BFBS got them at one point - off air

I think BFBS were given dirty feeds of network BBC 1 and 2, so effectively off air ?
HA
harshy Founding member
Seems to be very low quality Standard Def given to the forces, I guess they don’t have time to watch the telly though.
JO
Jon
Is Andy Pearman Highgrove Media? If so I think it’s just personal recordings he’s also got the first episode of Noel’s Daily Express Party.

Edit: Yes I see now he is.

RA
radiolistener
Xilla posted:
Does anyone have any idea what sort of background Andy Pearman has, or was he just a compulsive recorder back in the day?

I can't wait for that double NTV with the guy shouting and swearing because his pal ended up on the telly Wink

I love the way he puts his own copyright on these BBC recordings - he's also been known to "copy" other peoples uploads and put his ridiculous logos all over them.
JM
JamesM0984
BFBS taped pretty much all UK shows off-air from BBC 1 and BBC 2.

No idea what tape format was used.
SP
Spencer
Jon posted:
Is Andy Pearman Highgrove Media? If so I think it’s just personal recordings he’s also got the first episode of Noel’s Daily Express Party.

Edit: Yes I see now he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4n4bjkjco

I hadn't realised Konnie Huq was involved in Noel's HQ. I presume she hadn't started going out with future hubby, Charlie Brooker, when he wrote this slightly less than complimentary review...
IS
Inspector Sands

I hadn't realised Konnie Huq was involved in Noel's HQ. I presume she hadn't started going out with future hubby, Charlie Brooker, when he wrote this slightly less than complimentary review...

Pretty sure they met when she did this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-tjcUKVzI
I wonder if they'll tell their (grand) children the full details of how they met?
paul_hadley and Spencer gave kudos

15 days later

:-(
A former member
Series 6 Ep1 should be out over the next couple of days. There were changes afoot:

* New theme tune
* New Opening titles
* Front door changes aswell so you were all in closed.
* New bigger set when it moved to Studio one ( which was madness at a time of budget cuts)
* Beat your neighbour still continues for why
* Wait till I get you home is killed off with "My little friend" which I hated.

Im sure also there was short lived Soap opera about the lives and goings on in Crinkly bottom, does anyone else remember that?
XI
Xilla
And the double NTV that infamously caught one of the victims in an angry sweary rant! Wink
:-(
A former member
HERE IT IS!
paul_hadley and Juicy Joe gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
The beginning of the end.

Newer posts