TV Home Forum

EastEnders

Kate Oates joins as Exec Producer (June 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
Yeah, if they can recover 1960s Doctor Who episodes (there used to be a lot more than 97 missing) I'm sure they can easily recover this 1980s episode of EastEnders.
JA
james-2001
Just a thought, would the omnibus edition for the 21st & 23rd January 1986 episodes still exist? Because Drama could have just put that out instead. I assume it doesn't, or that's probably what they'd have done.
JB
JasonB
I notice the cafe has had it's first makeover in the Drama episodes. When did it get it's first re-decoration?
JM
JamesM0984
Just after they lost their baby I think. They went on holiday and the Carpenters did it up whilst they were away?

56 days later

JA
james-2001
According to DS, Lofty & Mary are due to return as part of Dr Legg's death storyline: https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a25482896/eastenders-lofty-and-mary-the-punk-return/
rdobbie, London Lite and Custard56 gave kudos
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Looks like the new set is making the headlines for the wrong reason....
Quote:
EastEnders set rebuild goes £27m over budget
The BBC's project to build a brand new, HD-ready Albert Square and expand the external EastEnders set will now cost £27m more than originally planned.

The original 2015 forecast for the scheme was £59.7m, but the revised budget is now £86.7m, the National Audit Office (NAO) has revealed.

The new set was originally due to open in 2018, but won't be ready until 2023.

Full article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46521700
:-(
A former member
BBC could have spin it the other way... Eastenders set full of asbestos.. Where is this new set getting built?
JA
james-2001
A HD ready set even though the show's already been in HD for 8 years Razz
DV
DVB Cornwall
I believe that item should refer to UHD not HD. I think I’ve seen that mentioned before.
MA
mapperuo
Ive not watched the programme in years so this may be wrong, but I remember when it first went HD it was very soft, almost on purpose to hide dodgy sets, Maybe what they mean.
DA
davidhorman
Quote:
The soap cannot currently be filmed in high definition

Seems to be a lot of confusion about this.

I remember the Vic being cited as a particular problem for HD, and I seem to remember there was a plan to go HD once it had been on fire (again) and done up. But I'm pretty sure they ended up going HD before that anyway.
BM
BM11
Quote:
The soap cannot currently be filmed in high definition

Seems to be a lot of confusion about this.

I remember the Vic being cited as a particular problem for HD, and I seem to remember there was a plan to go HD once it had been on fire (again) and done up. But I'm pretty sure they ended up going HD before that anyway.

Not quite if I remember rightly. The Queen Vic burned down in September 2010 and Hd Broadcasts started on Christmas Day (with it being upscaled from the launch of BBC One Hd.)
Last edited by BM11 on 13 December 2018 5:28pm

Newer posts