The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LI
liamfromnz
Few issues during the 11:00pm TOTH. Newsroom and Studio cameras were "stuck" during the TOTH and while typing this the ticker is still not on screen.

Edit - Ticker is now on screen. 7 minutes into the hour
WO
Worzel
Few issues during the 11:00pm TOTH. Newsroom and Studio cameras were "stuck" during the TOTH and while typing this the ticker is still not on screen.

Note the TOTH headline graphics used the BBC News/bbc.co.uk strip which they don't normally. Looks like they had a system failure and were using some sort of backup.
NF
NewsFan
Indeed. I have placed a video of the problem on my YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/T6BbrVZ9j8g .

LL
London Lite Founding member
The 10.30 edition of The Travel Show had no ticker either.
BA
bilky asko
The ticker appears to be blank, and in Breaking News red - I presume it's not the usual strap that's used to cover over recordings, as that's usually slightly taller.

EDIT: maybe I'm wrong - there's a thin black bar after the clock, so perhaps it is the blanking strap.

EDIT 2: Checking iPlayer rewind, the ticker was removed at around 2:05 (and possibly for a while before that) because it was repeating headlines in a row.

EDIT 3: Ticker appeared for a minute or so at 3am, before being removed again.
Last edited by bilky asko on 9 December 2018 3:04am - 2 times in total
SS
SuperSajuuk
Don't think it's been mentioned, but it seems that the BBC News Channel is running a new package for "Weekends on the BBC News Channel", which just shows a sample of the pre-recorded programmes they show (like Click/Travel Show etc). If they can do that and get rid of the other specific programme ads they play far too often, it would be nice.
MB
Media Boy
Glad you like.
bilky asko and gordonthegopher gave kudos
DV
dvboy
Don't think I've ever seen the weather get cut off for the TOTH before.
AS
AlexS
Katty kay is in Washington and Empty Chair is in London...
DV
dvboy
Slightly unfortunate that Katty was trying to make light of that while Christian seemingly unaware was still talking about the incident in Strasbourg.

There's now a live to San Francisco where Dave Lee is speaking in front of screens showing CBSN.

Last edited by dvboy on 11 December 2018 8:03pm
NE
Newsroom24
dvboy posted:
Slightly unfortunate that Katty was trying to make light of that while Christian seemingly unaware was still talking about the incident in Strasbourg.

There's now a live to San Francisco where the Dave Lee is speaking in front of screens showing CBSN.

Yeah, it was a bit strange. Not sure whether he was 'trying to make light' or just linking it to the EU given the presence of it in Strasbourg.

At least it wasn't Sky News Very Happy
DV
dvboy
Yeah, it was a bit strange. Not sure whether he was 'trying to make light' or just linking it to the EU given the presence of it in Strasbourg.

At least it wasn't Sky News Very Happy

Think you misread my post. I meant Katty was talking about the shot of the chair.

Newer posts