TV Home Forum

BBC One Christmas 2018

1st December. Split from Christmas Idents 2018 (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
DE88
1st December is still far too early though. Embarassed
MA
Markymark
DE88 posted:
1st December is still far too early though. Embarassed

Yes, you end up with Christmas idents for over 8% of the year !
WM
WMD
Mountain Rescue ident into A Very British History on BBC One Midlands. Will be interesting to see how the opted-out regions (East, East Mids, West Mids, Yorkshire and Yorks & Lincs) handle the time shifting for the rest of the evening.
AN
Andrew Founding member
WMD posted:
Mountain Rescue ident into A Very British History on BBC One Midlands. Will be interesting to see how the opted-out regions (East, East Mids, West Mids, Yorkshire and Yorks & Lincs) handle the time shifting for the rest of the evening.

Night Pier or whatever it is called in Yorks and Lincs
MR
mr_vivian
I really like the music on the idents but that's as far as my compliments go on these.
DV
dvboy
WMD posted:

The regions opting out have timeshifted the rest of the schedule until 1:20, dropping Ambulance.

Midlands went straight into the ident for Have I Got A Bit More News For You after their programme.

Both East Midlands and Yorks & Lincs on the other hand threw some trailers in. I'm not sure if that's because their opt out finished earlier or if the timeshift has been independent in each region.

Looks like someone didn't tell Network continuity that there were regions timeshifting because the ECP for Inside the Foreign Office over on BBC Two "now" was an hour late.

There have been some issues with the schedule data on the iPlayer, showing the wrong programmes and times when rewinding.
Last edited by dvboy on 11 December 2018 1:20am - 4 times in total
DV
dvboy
Looks like Midlands were doing their own opt, they opted back in mid-trailer well in time for Weather for the Week Ahead, whereas both East Midlands and Yorks & Lincs must have missed the start of it because they filled time with trailers before joining network to hand over to the News Channel.

East did the same as Midlands tonight, no trailers after their local programme either, but their opt back to network at the end of Graham Norton was slightly earlier than Midlands into the same trailer for Mrs Wilson.

I am assuming both Yorkshire (Leeds) and Yorks & Lincs (Hull) were the same since I only checked Hull and the programme was "The Jews of Leeds".

The BBC website didn't list the opt out for the Hull region but they did. I assume it's still the case that if Leeds opts out then Hull can't stick with network and has to either take the Leeds programme or do their own thing.
Last edited by dvboy on 11 December 2018 1:48am - 4 times in total
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I'm fairly sure that Hull can stay with network while Leeds opt of they want to.
MA
Markymark
I'm fairly sure that Hull can stay with network while Leeds opt of they want to.

I'm pretty sure Oxford can, if Southampton do their own thing too
DE
deejay

Yes - though very rare
WM
WMD

Yes - though very rare

I recall this happening (possibly not intentionally) for an episode of Sea City, though it might have actually made more sense for Oxford to take the network, less nautical, programme. Think Oxford took the network sustaining weather forecast rather than Southampton output when it was unable to tx an 8pm update on at least one occasion too.
RO
Rofters
Behind the scenes:

Newer posts