TV Home Forum

ITV presentation refresh in the New Year

New idents, ECPs, promos. Split from Good Morning Britain (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
SCBNI
I find it very hard to believe that the UTV name would disappear just 6 months after moving in to a new building and branding everything, including the external signage with the UTV name.
:-(
A former member
Maybe UTV isnt getting the new branding in january ?
HT
HTV Best
Given the clues I imagine the new look itv might look something like this....

https://youtu.be/JVgF-QgbXsQ
Ittr, lukeshep and Lou Scannon gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon
That's exactly the sort of thing that I pictured when "cut out" was first mentioned. Smile

Also... The main channel is *definately* going to be renamed ITV1 (including in Northern Ireland) on 1st January, ITV plc will *definately* buy STV Group by the summer & rebrand it as ITV1 by the autumn, disband the Border region, get themselves bought by Liberty Global by the end of 2019, and all their channels be renamed as "Virgin Media One/Two/Three/Four/Kids/Be" by spring 2020! Wink Laughing
Last edited by Lou Scannon on 10 December 2018 8:22pm
LU
lukeshep
The Pathé logo has a nice aesthetic, I think it would work well for ITv.
WH
Whataday Founding member
It's funny, the first thing that came to mind was the Central ident from the mid 90s which has a similar effect to the Pathe ident (except the pieces of cake are on individual layers of glass).

It's at 26:05 here:

Spencer, Lou Scannon and lukeshep gave kudos
LU
lukeshep
It's funny, the first thing that came to mind was the Central ident from the mid 90s which has a similar effect to the Pathe ident (except the pieces of cake are on individual layers of glass).

It's at 26:05 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ca3Tpq089I

This reminds me of the 2005-2015 Channel Four idents.
NL
Ne1L C
This thread is going well. A refresh of ITV presentation is suggested & this thread has already replaced the announcers, rebranded the news, changed the channel name and brought back the regions.

This must be peak TV Forum.

We aim to please.
harshy, Lou Scannon and lukeshep gave kudos
MR
mr_vivian
I hope utv get something from the refresh... sick to death of the same rotation of idents.
Last edited by mr_vivian on 11 December 2018 8:02pm - 2 times in total
Ittr and Lou Scannon gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
I suspect from the brief description they'll be far fewer ITV idents to choose from.
MM
MMcG198
I suspect from the brief description they'll be far fewer ITV idents to choose from.

ITV may well have in excess of 100 idents to choose from but there's a small subset that they use over and over and over. And then we have BBC Two, with 20 or so to play with now - and yet there's a subset of about 4 that are played significantly more often...with some that are hardly aired at all. Same goes for Oneness. Most of the other channels are quite good at airing ALL of their idents regularly, with many working through the available idents sequentially, junction by junction. Nice for those who have the luxury of spending money on such things and then hardly ever using them.
:-(
A former member
It should be noted the idents are mainly seasonal and special events, which means its more like 25 main ones per 3 months.

Newer posts