« Topics
TMD_24 (previously TheMonkeyDaft) 222 posts since 27 Oct 2015
Anglia (East) Look East
Looking at the motions on the order paper. The Brexit debates should begin at 12:30pm and is motioned to last 8 hours. You have to consider any emergency questions or minister statements that could push the business back an hour so then we are moving into later territory in terms of the actual vote.

If there are no statements or emergency questions then we are looking at around 8:30pm start of voting although this is most likely not going to be on the actual deal as it's probably going to be certain that amendments will be pushed to a vote and it's expected to be that either amendments A, I, K, B, F are pushed to a vote. So yeah the actual vote isn't likely until or after 10pm.

You have to wonder if Channel 4 will simply rip up their schedule for the night as the EPG info suggests that they will be covering the actual vote. As for BBC One and ITV, I think they will extend the 10pm news anyway whether the vote happens before or after 10pm. It'll be a certainly interesting night on Tuesday and the days after that on the presentation and presenting side anyway.

EDIT: Correction, the debate finishes at 7pm but never the less, still plenty of votes to get through.
Last edited by TMD_24 on 9 December 2018 1:16pm
Does Graham Norton have Norton Security installed on his computer?
BM11713 posts since 2 Jun 2017
London London
Looking at the motions on the order paper. The Brexit debates should begin at 12:30pm and is motioned to last 8 hours. You have to consider any emergency questions or minister statements that could push the business back an hour so then we are moving into later territory in terms of the actual vote.

If there are no statements or emergency questions then we are looking at around 8:30pm start of voting although this is most likely not going to be on the actual deal as it's probably going to be certain that amendments will be pushed to a vote and it's expected to be that either amendments A, I, K, B, F are pushed to a vote. So yeah the actual vote isn't likely until or after 10pm.

You have to wonder if Channel 4 will simply rip up their schedule for the night as the EPG info suggests that they will be covering the actual vote. As for BBC One and ITV, I think they will extend the 10pm news anyway whether the vote happens before or after 10pm. It'll be a certainly interesting night on Tuesday and the days after that on the presentation and presenting side anyway.

That's not correct. On Tuesday the debate has to end at 7pm when the voting begins.
TMD_24 gave kudos
JamesM0984
Central (East) East Midlands Today
I think it's fair to say we could have some serious disruption to Tuesday night's schedules. As I understand it, we will have the vote result way before 10pm, but with a defeat almost certain there'll be a lot of developments. I can see Kyle, TM and LW all getting pulled on Wednesday.
Andrew13,402 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I think it's fair to say we could have some serious disruption to Tuesday night's schedules. As I understand it, we will have the vote result way before 10pm, but with a defeat almost certain there'll be a lot of developments. I can see Kyle, TM and LW all getting pulled on Wednesday.

It’s the Royal Variety Show on Tuesday, so I doubt there will be any changes on ITV at least.
JamesM0984
Central (East) East Midlands Today

It’s the Royal Variety Show on Tuesday, so I doubt there will be any changes on ITV at least.

The sensible thing to do would be schedule some extra promos which could be dropped to accommodate a newsflash, thus getting back to the NAT on time.