TV Home Forum

Loose Women

From TVC - April 2018 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
I've also noticed the screens behind the audience stands have gone in favour of what looks like a plain green board.

The green boards are usually there with the LED mounted to them. They may have been removed temporarily due to a fault.
HJ
HJL
Again Jane is anchoring today - interesting considering Nadia is on the panel and has more experience in position number 1.

Obviously an editorial decision.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Jane is a very experienced journalist and anchor. The show is in safe hands with her in charge.

She anchored This Morning previously, right?
WA
WAYSIDE
I was surprised to Jane as the Anchor when they had Nadia on the panel as well.

I can't stand though the current setup where the anchor is sat at the desk and all 3 panellists come on together - I liked it previously when they came on in different directions. My favourite intro, however, was when they all (including the anchor) would walk on.

Biggest bugbear, however, is when the anchor (they all do it) do that fake "shock" because they thought they were coming on from a different entrance - it's so pointless and cheap!
JT
JTCameron29
The start of the show looks very sloppy and inconsistent at the moment. It has done ever since they reverted to the pre studio move format.

They should either run the full titles and let the three panellists come on from the back of the studio, that way you wouldn't have the awkward 5 second gap whilst they're rushing to sit down and getting in the way of the camera. Or they use the shorter titles, and let them come on in different directions as they did originally in April. It's just a constant mess at the moment!

It was great seeing Jane anchor this week, and I'm surprised we haven't seen her before!
FA
fanoftv
I know that many hated the updated theme tune, but the look of the show with the opened up set with screen, tall task, logo and the voice over worked very well imo.

BR
Brekkie
How is it rating nowadays - have things actually improved from a few years back when it was regularly rumoured for the axe or have ITV just accepted the ratings for what they are and let it be?
JO
Jonwo
How is it rating nowadays - have things actually improved from a few years back when it was regularly rumoured for the axe or have ITV just accepted the ratings for what they are and let it be?

There was an article on RTS that ratings were up for the ITV daytime line up so it’s probably doing fine.
BW
BroadcastWales
Loose Women should take a leaf out of ABC The View’s book.
They have a great set, great graphics, intro, theme and have a newsier format than Loose Women.
WH
Whataday Founding member
They have a great set, great graphics, intro, theme and have a newsier format than Loose Women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S35NfvIOSvo

How would you propose that? Relocating to a studio twice the size, shifting production to ITN and leaving ITV Daytime? That's the only way I can imagine it working.
DeMarkay and BroadcastWales gave kudos
NG
noggin Founding member

I suspect they'd need to borrow ABC's cheque book as well...
BW
BroadcastWales

How would you propose that? Relocating to a studio twice the size, shifting production to ITN and leaving ITV Daytime? That's the only way I can imagine it working.

I’m not proposing anything. But it is ok for them to take inspiration from other programmes. Anything would look better than the set they have at the moment. But I suppose if the programme is performing well for ITV there isn’t a need for them to make changes.

Newer posts