TV Home Forum

ITV presentation refresh in the New Year

New idents, ECPs, promos. Split from Good Morning Britain (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
I hope they do not mess ITV News presentation. The newsroom backdrop looks great, it just needs some modifications to it. I do not think it is possible for a live view of the ITN newsroom as part of their backdrop? Newsroom is too small, but something like the current look but modified. Plus, a dedicated separate look for News at Ten would be great.
BR
Brekkie
By the sounds of the term cut out, I’m wondering if they’re getting rid of the sections to the main logo and using the whole shape that the sub channel brands use.

"Cut out" brings something like the old ITV Encore logo to mind to me.
JA
JAS84
Just wish they'd done a BBC2 and kept it quiet - this thread is already quite excruciating.

Well they haven't announced it publicly, they've told their staff.

I'm expecting it to be officially revealed by later this month

Possibly gonna launch on screen in January
This is just my theory
The last relaunch was in January too - when did we find out about that?
CO
Conor98
JAS84 posted:

Well they haven't announced it publicly, they've told their staff.

I'm expecting it to be officially revealed by later this month

Possibly gonna launch on screen in January
This is just my theory
The last relaunch was in January too - when did we find out about that?

I remember they revealed details back in December 2012, then they launched it on screen a month later.
ST
Stuart
It makes no more sense now to call it ITV1 then it did back in 2013.

It didn't make any sense to change the name from ITV1 back to just ITV.

There is no point having numerals in your channel names if you miss out the primary one. I thought it was an odd decision to remove the '1' in the first place.
Ittr and Lou Scannon gave kudos
ST
Stuart
By the sounds of the term cut out, I’m wondering if they’re getting rid of the sections to the main logo and using the whole shape that the sub channel brands use.

"Cut out" brings something like the old ITV Encore logo to mind to me.

ITV Encore had some lovely idents, and generally their pres was excellent.

It's failing was a business model that put a copy of an FTA channel (ITV3) behind a paywall on only one platform. Nothing could possibly go wrong with such an idea, could it . . . ?
Lou Scannon and Brekkie gave kudos
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Yeah, some fresh voices would make a nice change.
Just as long as they are good for everyone's ears.

Will they bring back some decent Central continuity announcers - Ted May & Terry Pearson and to please some viewers from the North, Maggie Mash?
NW
nwtv2003

Will they bring back some decent Central continuity announcers - Ted May & Terry Pearson and to please some viewers from the North, Maggie Mash?

As much as we’d all like to hear the tones of Colin Weston on ITV again, there’s more chance of hell freezing over.

To be fair there’s not that much wrong with ITV presentation as it stands, it just needs an update and a tweak which appears to be the case here.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
This thread is going well. A refresh of ITV presentation is suggested & this thread has already replaced the announcers, rebranded the news, changed the channel name and brought back the regions.

This must be peak TV Forum.
BR
Brekkie

Well the reference to "cut-out" idents clearly means they're bringing back the Central Cake.

With a Chevron on top.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
TCOTV posted:
Even though I think it’s unlikly to happen I would not rule out ITV becoming ITV 1 again. The new CEO is very keen for ITV to be more than TV (which I agree with). As ITV is the main company name they might want to make a clear distinction between a TV channel and the company as a whole. I would not be surprised in a few years time if the ITV hub is just known as ITV. So they might want to start now to make a clear difference for latter on so the public don’t get confused.

Also not sure if you have all seen James tweet giving a clue about the new look.

The 3D/abstract bit sounds interesting. I suppose they could have the different coloured sections of the ITV logo hidden away in an abstract 3D generated background, which then come/float together to form the logo. A bit like the 2004-2015 Channel 4 idents, but with CGI backgrounds. Or like the 1996 Central idents, where parts of the cake were only shown on screen whilst ball bearings and feathers were blown through the cut out sections...

I'm just hypothesizing.
AN
Andrew Founding member
This thread is going well. A refresh of ITV presentation is suggested & this thread has already replaced the announcers, rebranded the news, changed the channel name and brought back the regions.

This must be peak TV Forum.

By January this thread will be 50 pages long and there will be an expectation of everything changing across all ITV's channels, the news, the weather etc etc

Then there will be a very minor tweak and loads of people will start moaning that it's all a let down.

Newer posts