TV Home Forum

ITV presentation refresh in the New Year

New idents, ECPs, promos. Split from Good Morning Britain (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member

And bring back the ITN logo back on screen. So much more gravitas than the ITV logo, even now that it is going to be "cut up".

It says ‘cut out’ not cut up.
WH
Whataday Founding member

And bring back the ITN logo back on screen. So much more gravitas than the ITV logo, even now that it is going to be "cut up".

It says ‘cut out’ not cut up.

If the individual sections are cut out separately, it will appear cut up.
MB
Media Box
If they were returning to ITV1 as an on-air brand, it would have been mentioned on Good Afternoon ITV.

Personally, I can't see a return to ITV1.

When they introduced the current branding a few years ago. the reason for reverting to 'ITV" was because audience research revealed that viewers did not refer to the channel as 'ITV1'.

I guess only time will tell though.
JM
JamesM0984
You see I look at it the other way. It doesn't make sense to have ITV 2-4 but no ITV 1. Especially when ITV 2 is really coming into its own. Love it or hate it, Love Island has been amazing for them.
TC
TCOTV
Even though I think it’s unlikly to happen I would not rule out ITV becoming ITV 1 again. The new CEO is very keen for ITV to be more than TV (which I agree with). As ITV is the main company name they might want to make a clear distinction between a TV channel and the company as a whole. I would not be surprised in a few years time if the ITV hub is just known as ITV. So they might want to start now to make a clear difference for latter on so the public don’t get confused.

Also not sure if you have all seen James tweet giving a clue about the new look.

CO
Conor98
I'm excited to see how this will look from next year
LL
Larry the Loafer
It makes no more sense now to call it ITV1 then it did back in 2013.
CO
Conor98
Does anyone have any footage?
FA
fanoftv
Let’s be patient and save it for a new year treat.
RO
rob Founding member
Let’s be patient and save it for a new year treat.

This is TV Forum. There's no chance...
WH
Whataday Founding member
I hope the layered approach to the ECP marks an end to generic credits. It sounds like it could be the case considering the reported use of programme branding in promos (therefore presumably allowing a more varied style).
:-(
A former member
Can I draw everyone’s attention to “slight tweak” in the original post Rolling Eyes

Newer posts