TV Home Forum

ITV abandons the South Bank

(February 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVDP
"The London Studios : Home of the Stars" airing on Saturday 29th December : https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week1/london-studios-home-stars
CO
commseng
I see it has the line
Quote:
The information contained herein is embargoed from all Press, online, social media, non-commercial publication or syndication - in the public domain - until Thursday 11 December 2018.

Shall we pretend that we haven't read it?

Hang on - the 11th December is a Tuesday.......
Stuart, BBI45 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
BB
BBI45
I see it has the line
Quote:
The information contained herein is embargoed from all Press, online, social media, non-commercial publication or syndication - in the public domain - until Thursday 11 December 2018.

Shall we pretend that we haven't read it?

Read what?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Probably best not to share links to embargoed articles.
BM
BM11
Surley something being published online - without any encryption or subscription - has already broken it's embargo.
Especially as while the TV Magazines have official release dates of the 11th the Christmas ones tend to arrive early and probably will be in some shops on Saturday (they was last year).
MA
Markymark
Stick this in your diaries

https://twitter.com/paulburton73/status/1071818083206086657
Lou Scannon and JamesM0984 gave kudos
MI
Mike516

That’s the same thing that was mentioned on the first post of this page.

That thing we can't officially mention until Tuesday 11th, but is in every double issue TV magazine now at your newsagents!
NE
Newsroom24
BM11 posted:
Surley something being published online - without any encryption or subscription - has already broken it's embargo.
Especially as while the TV Magazines have official release dates of the 11th the Christmas ones tend to arrive early and probably will be in some shops on Saturday (they was last year).

I agree, it does seem a bit stupid - if they were really that bothered they I doubt they would post it on their own website!
MW
Mike W
.... the fact that the Midlands has not had any television production studios at all for well over a decade....... .

I'm sorry to take a quote out of context, but this is sad, so sad.

Birmingham has almost been forgotten about. All the money spent on HS2 will be justified to alleviate this, even if (as seems likely) it get cancelled beyond there.

Pebble Mill closed in 2005 (for Network Production), ITV's production studios at Nottingham closed in 2003/4 when ITV plc came into being and Crossroads bit the dust.

It is very sad. That said the BBC does operate a small 'warehouse' studio near to the 'Drama Village' (when that was gonna be a centre of excellence for drama... Doctors, Father Brown and WPC56 anyone? - though Line of Duty used space for series 1), but this is mostly used for storage.

Ironic really, The Mailbox was the higher hope for them bringing together TV, Radio and Online - but Pebble Mill housed all that plus more - what was once 1 site is now across 4 (Mailbox, Archibald House, Selly Oak D.V. and Digbeth/Fazeley Studios) - the very thing highlighted in the Broadcasting in the 70s report that brought the Network Production Centres (PM included) into being!
IS
Inspector Sands

Ironic really, The Mailbox was the higher hope for them bringing together TV, Radio and Online - but Pebble Mill housed all that plus more

The concept of bringing the three 'together' meant all three news teams working together as a single team in the same newsroom. It didn't mean they were just in the same building.

Pebble Mill had those three, but were they integrated? Genuine question, I went up to the WM offices once but can't remember seeing Midlands Today being there. Yes it had more than just news of course but that's irrelevant to the 'TV, Radio and Online' concept. And The Mailbox has/had more than just regional news too

Of course these days the idea of having all the news teams integrated is just a given
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 10 December 2018 6:08am
MA
Markymark
a516 posted:

That’s the same thing that was mentioned on the first post of this page.

Ooops, so it was, sorry I wasn't paying attention.

a516 posted:

That thing we can't officially mention until Tuesday 11th, but is in every double issue TV magazine now at your newsagents!

Careless talk costs lives (or in this case BARB ratings)

8 days later

AN
Andrew Founding member
I’m guessing The Chase Christmas Special that was on last night must have been filmed a long time ago as it said ‘Facilities - The London Studios’ in the credits.

Newer posts