« Topics
Andrew Wood3,714 posts since 30 Mar 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today
Santa’s on a fairground ride into The X Factor Final!

Poor show by UTV! No christmas idents on UTV yet. Still stuck in their ident rut of the same few on rotation.

Pigeons ident going into Star Wars film and the welders ident going into the X Factor final.
ITV used christmas idents at both of these junctions.

Bah humbug UTV.

Santas riding the merry-go-round before I'm a Celeb on UTV.
JKDerry2,094 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
Santa’s on a fairground ride into The X Factor Final!

Poor show by UTV! No christmas idents on UTV yet. Still stuck in their ident rut of the same few on rotation.

Pigeons ident going into Star Wars film and the welders ident going into the X Factor final.

Bah humbug UTV.

So using the basic 2013 bunch for UTV too. What is STV doing for their Christmas ident?
p0ab103 posts since 1 Aug 2010
STV Central Reporting Scotland

Bah humbug UTV.

So using the basic 2013 bunch for UTV too. What is STV doing for their Christmas ident?

It will be similar to last year I would expect. Will probably launch Monday 10th December.
http://www.youtube.com/user/p0ab
62305823,711 posts since 19 Aug 2005
STV do not use there xmas ident until mid December, so try next weekend, ( last year it was 12th) there will be in use until 2nd Jan, unlike everyone else.
JKDerry2,094 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
STV do not use there xmas ident until mid December, so try next weekend, ( last year it was 12th) there will be in use until 2nd Jan, unlike everyone else.

At least STV don't start as early as the rest. Even RTE in Ireland have their Christmas presentation started. December 1st is now the new norm for the Christmas presentation.
dbl9,240 posts since 11 Jun 2004
London London
Does anyone know if US networks have the same tradition as us, Christmas idents, and what do say CBS, NBC etc do? Or is there nothing?

Definitely not as extravagant as the UK, you might see your local affiliate station news talent wish you a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays in a form of a bumper/ID.

The networks tend to tweak their presentation to make it more festive, i.e. a snowflake/santa hat on the bug

The closest thing I can find. Basically, for all the bitching there is on here, we definitely go all out.
Last edited by dbl on 1 December 2018 10:28pm - 2 times in total
fanoftv8,204 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
This isn't really the relevant place for it, but I'm unsure if people have seen this before, the proposed BBC Three 2016 Christmas Ident:

Obviously the channel closed down long before Christmas, but it was nice to see that Christmas presentation was part of their rebrand planning, unlike ITV2.
JetixFann450 and Andrew Wood gave kudos
Brekkie32,568 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
The reindeer have definately been used before (when they did the Slow TV thing) - not seen the logo but hoping they've ditched the snowflake replacing the O.

Did CBBC and CBeebies do anything today?
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.