TV Home Forum

I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! 2018

(August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BM
BM11
JAS84 posted:
We've also heard "Anne is excused on medical grounds" far too often.

I don't nor did she I think understand why. She had given stuff ago, like the hospital one, but why she couldnt do the box one or others is beyond me.

It will be very interesting to see who goes out tonight, I bet its someone that wasn't up for the vote yesterday...

I don't think there is an elimination tonight - back to an hour long show. That said even though The X Factor is now bumped out of the way next Saturdays show is only an hour too.

Some years they have done an elimination on an 60 minute Saturday episode - through they also skipped an elimination some years as well. Think they might do the later tonight so that the final is between three rather than two- two didn't work as well in the years it happened.
:-(
A former member
There more chance of mid week gap.
CB
ChipperBird
HJL posted:
pip2 posted:
Johnr posted:

I'm struggling to think of a more shocking elimination from one of these reality shows at the moment...

Pamela Anderson's first round exit from Dancing on Ice caused quite the collective gasp at the time.

Noel played a canny hand with his "if I win I'll retire" statement... the fact that he was the first to leave could be seen as evidence that that is the last thing the viewing public want.

Did anyone here vote for Noel? Did anyone here vote for anyone?

From my perspective it’s evidence that the public would be grateful if he’d retire and disappear from their screens - and they didn’t wish to see him any longer in the jungle. He’s an obnoxious and arrogant man who killed the camp dynamic when he entered

- I definitely did not vote to save him!!

Politely disagree

While Noel isn't the sort to be entirely about getting along, he wasn't really all that bad to the camp even when Producers put him strictly in that position where he could of messed with them as Emperor. I think they half expected him to be a bit more harsh - but as Noel noted, he knew the "Emperor" gig was a short term thing, and he'd soon be on the receiving end of those tasks himself.

Even in the first task, he stopped to confer with Harry and the Camp so the ladies got the benefits of the meals, rather than chosing based on who he wanted to chum up with or punish. The worst he did in Camp was get a bit bristly sometimes (and in tasks, but people here have said Noel historically always hates when it comes back to him, even if he knows it's fair) and he seems to have a natural distaste for people imposing rules on him. I don't think he fully intended to break them and annoy the camp, it's almost subconscious for him - when he was doing it he seemed almost in his own world till someone went "uh hi did you check numbers before leaving?"

JAS84 posted:
What is everyone’s opinion of Anne now?

I know she’s going on a journey, but personally, I’ve never heard anyone say ‘I’m a Celebrity...’ so many times and to get far on this show you need to get stuck in, so I’m thinking she should probably be voted out within a few days.

I have mixed feelings about Anne, I have an autism related disorder so I can part understand that it was harder for her to get used to a new routine, but at the same time, as someone who lives with ASD, it was feeling more of a way to get people to baby her a bit as they have most of this season.

That said the other fun aspect of having ASD is the self-esteem issues that come with it. So it's possible that Anne really just didn't believe herself able till she tried. It's hard as with ASD you have to tread a fine line between taking care of someone but also encouraging a growth mindset rather than a fixed one.

On the other hand, she's proven herself to be at least more willing to give it a shot than Gillian McKeith was, even if she does give up a little too easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuMhDwVsjDM
Last edited by ChipperBird on 1 December 2018 6:07pm
BA
bilky asko
JAS84 posted:

I don't nor did she I think understand why. She had given stuff ago, like the hospital one, but why she couldnt do the box one or others is beyond me.

It will be very interesting to see who goes out tonight, I bet its someone that wasn't up for the vote yesterday...

Bluntly: weight, swimming ability, and cost of insurance are likely reasons.
JO
Jon
JAS84 posted:

Bluntly: weight, swimming ability, and cost of insurance are likely reasons.

And she may have underlying health conditions we are rightly not privy too.
JO
Johnr
No elimination tonight
RD
RDJ
Vote frozen and refunds due... John Barrowman has been removed from camp due to an accident involving him going to hospital and it's unknown if he will be returning to camp or not at this stage.

Been a while since a reality show has had to undergo the refunds process.
JA
JAS84
If he doesn't return they'll have to have another day without an elimination. I hope he's OK...
RD
RDJ
Votes already been reopened.... strange to freeze the votes for just the first five minutes of the show.
JA
JAS84
It was to stop people continuing to vote for John, I assume.
WA
watchingtv
RDJ posted:
Votes already been reopened.... strange to freeze the votes for just the first five minutes of the show.

To make a clear message to viewers where the original voting finished and will allow refunds and a new one with new options to start. It needs to be clear or they will get complaints.
CR
Critique
A lot of stuff on Twitter tonight about how the contestant who left the Jungle was the only one wearing a backpack when they announced the elimination - presumably a coincidence? Have also seen some tweets about how surely part of the elimination must be recorded to give them time to get out of camp, but that's hardly a secret because a bit of it is aired delayed and they take the Live bug off, don't they?

Newer posts