TV Home Forum

I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! 2018

(August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HJ
HJL
pip2 posted:
Johnr posted:

I'm struggling to think of a more shocking elimination from one of these reality shows at the moment...

Pamela Anderson's first round exit from Dancing on Ice caused quite the collective gasp at the time.

Noel played a canny hand with his "if I win I'll retire" statement... the fact that he was the first to leave could be seen as evidence that that is the last thing the viewing public want.

Did anyone here vote for Noel? Did anyone here vote for anyone?

From my perspective it’s evidence that the public would be grateful if he’d retire and disappear from their screens - and they didn’t wish to see him any longer in the jungle. He’s an obnoxious and arrogant man who killed the camp dynamic when he entered

- I definitely did not vote to save him!!
BR
Brekkie
HJL posted:
He’s an obnoxious and arrogant man who killed the camp dynamic when he entered

Rubbish. He is one TV legend who appeared on reality TV and didn't ruin his legacy by doing so. Indeed arguably he completely failed to live up to the myth that he is an obnoxious and arrogant man to work with.
jolly turnip and Joe gave kudos
MR
mr_vivian
I liked Noel in the jungle and actually a number of celebrities on twitter thought he should have stayed longer.

I was shocked at his guns! Never knew those were hiding under those colourful shirts.
BL
bluecortina
I liked Noel in the jungle and actually a number of celebrities on twitter thought he should have stayed longer.

I was shocked at his guns! Never knew those were hiding under those colourful shirts.

Is this 'young person's slang for something I'm not aware of?
BR
Brekkie
Gun shows aren't exact a new thing.
JT
jolly turnip
[/quote]
Rubbish. He is one TV legend who appeared on reality TV and didn't ruin his legacy by doing so. Indeed arguably he completely failed to live up to the myth that he is an obnoxious and arrogant man to work with.[/quote]

Agree with this entirely. The pre-show media build up whipped people into the usual faux anger we have so common these days.

He is not odd, I genuinely believe he came across as a guy who is grateful for his career but is not shy enough to say how he has enjoyed the riches that have come with it. Having a taxi with a dummy as a passenger to try and negate Bristol traffic - I see that is him simply having fun.

He seemed to have fun throughout the show, fully embraced it and did not take it too seriously. and actually it was genuinely about the experience. The alleged fee he received is not his "fault"

I just get annoyed at the collective gang mentality, where people don't pause to think for themselves and make their own opinions. Too influenced by social media in particular. Not saying it is people on here, just generally.

So I understand why he was the first to leave as a result.

This year more than ever it is hard to find people to dislike. I would like to see Nick Knowles, Barrowman and Anne go sooner rather than later though.
Brekkie, tightrope78 and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
JA
JAS84
What is everyone’s opinion of Anne now?

I know she’s going on a journey, but personally, I’ve never heard anyone say ‘I’m a Celebrity...’ so many times and to get far on this show you need to get stuck in, so I’m thinking she should probably be voted out within a few days.
We've also heard "Anne is excused on medical grounds" far too often.
:-(
A former member
JAS84 posted:

I don't nor did she I think understand why. She had given stuff ago, like the hospital one, but why she couldnt do the box one or others is beyond me.

It will be very interesting to see who goes out tonight, I bet its someone that wasn't up for the vote yesterday...
WH
what

Is this 'young person's slang for something I'm not aware of?

I believe it means he’s muscly.
BR
Brekkie
JAS84 posted:

I don't nor did she I think understand why. She had given stuff ago, like the hospital one, but why she couldnt do the box one or others is beyond me.

It will be very interesting to see who goes out tonight, I bet its someone that wasn't up for the vote yesterday...

I don't think there is an elimination tonight - back to an hour long show. That said even though The X Factor is now bumped out of the way next Saturdays show is only an hour too.
JK
JKDerry
JAS84 posted:

I don't think there is an elimination tonight - back to an hour long show. That said even though The X Factor is now bumped out of the way next Saturdays show is only an hour too.

Due only having 11 instead of 12 celebrities in this series, the elimination most likely has to skip a day to allow for three in the final?
AA
Aaron_2015
And a similar, larger set (with centre revolve) for Michael Bublé - Home for Christmas in 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTTvvIWbgU

Not particularly on topic, but that set looks absolutely fantastic. It must have been fairly expensive, was it ever used for anything else does anybody know?

Newer posts