TV Home Forum

BBC One Christmas 2018

1st December. Split from Christmas Idents 2018 (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
Oooo
JA
JAS84
So, does that mean Oneness is finished? That's definitely a new font, which implies a full rebrand (like BBC Two, with probably just the logo being kept). Oneness itself started with the Christmas idents a couple of years ago, so it does make sense.
WH
what
JAS84 posted:
So, does that mean Oneness is finished? That's definitely a new font, which implies a full rebrand (like BBC Two, with probably just the logo being kept). Oneness itself started with the Christmas idents a couple of years ago, so it does make sense.

I wouldn’t bet on it.
MR
mr_vivian
JAS84 posted:

If oneness disappears from the logo this Christmas then there's a better chance oneness might be over... but it's just an assumption.
JK
JKDerry
So, keeping an eye on the BBC twitter account, as that is where they released the little teaser for last year's supporting act ident. You sometimes dread what they have planned. At least they do something new, unlike ITV.
BB
BBI45
So, keeping an eye on the BBC twitter account, as that is where they released the little teaser for last year's supporting act ident. You sometimes dread what they have planned. At least they do something new, unlike ITV.

To be fair to ITV, at least what they produce is decent.
FA
fanoftv
JAS84 posted:

If oneness disappears from the logo this Christmas then there's a better chance oneness might be over... but it's just an assumption.

Strange how the teaser doesn’t feature the main bbc one logo, unless there’s a Christmas variant.
JK
JKDerry
BBI45 posted:

I agree, ITV idents for Christmas 2013 were very good. It is just that it is now 2018 and they are keep reusing them, maybe some new idents into the rotation for 2018?
WH
what
BBI45 posted:

I agree, ITV idents for Christmas 2013 were very good. It is just that it is now 2018 and they are keep reusing them, maybe some new idents into the rotation for 2018?

I reckon they’re trying to get the entire look to last as long as the last one.
JK
JKDerry
what posted:
BBI45 posted:

I reckon they’re trying to get the entire look to last as long as the last one.

January 2019 will mark six years of the current ITV look and idents. I wonder how long they will maintain the look?
RD
RDJ

January 2019 will mark six years of the current ITV look and idents. I wonder how long they will maintain the look?

The last ITV logo from 2006 lasted for seven years and many incarnations, especially for ITV1.

The current ITV logo has lasted six years and just one incarnation for its main channel. And I don't think a total revamp is even still needed for a while yet.

I feel a mini refresh may be needed soon-ish, though I'd say that's more a priority for ITV News than anything. The current branding is still particularly strong, it's just some cobwebs could do with dusting.
JK
JKDerry
RDJ posted:

The last ITV logo from 2006 lasted for seven years and many incarnations, especially for ITV1.

The current ITV logo has lasted six years and just one incarnation for its main channel. And I don't think a total revamp is even still needed for a while yet.

I feel a mini refresh may be needed soon-ish, though I'd say that's more a priority for ITV News than anything. The current branding is still particularly strong, it's just some cobwebs could do with dusting.

ITV News does need a refresh in 2019. It should not be too difficult, as they are 99% virtual green screen, and it would be good if they could have a better newsroom view. Bit more realistic, maybe using their ITN atrium view, as the current news studio looked fine in 2013, but 2018 it just looks very tired and cheap.

Newer posts