TV Home Forum

Christmas TV 2018

Schedules and programme discussion (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WI
Wicko
Meanwhile, the BBC have finally removed the Christmas 2017 imagery from their Christmas TV page on the website. It is now a plain red BBC one look with a circles style background! Yep, circles!
JK
JKDerry
An email from the BBC I received just now about their Christmas presentation:

"Sadly, we can't say when they'll launch until it gets officially announced - we don't want to ruin anyone's surprise! But do keep a close eye and ear out on-screen and elsewhere (e.g. for press releases) and fingers crossed the wait isn't long. We hope you'll like it!"
AR
Argybargy
An email from the BBC I received just now about their Christmas presentation:

"Sadly, we can't say when they'll launch until it gets officially announced - we don't want to ruin anyone's surprise! But do keep a close eye and ear out on-screen and elsewhere (e.g. for press releases) and fingers crossed the wait isn't long. We hope you'll like it!"

So basically- "yes, we do know when they'll be launching but we're not telling you, so go and find out yourself"!

Duncan Newmarch has previously let us know about launch dates in years gone by. For example, in 2014, I remember him announcing the launch date of that year's idents a week before they went on air.

Makes me wonder if they might be keeping them back for another week?
Last edited by Argybargy on 29 November 2018 6:01pm
WI
Wicko
Would it really matter if it launched a week later?

Continuity Announcers are not really allowed to reveal things like the launch dates these days. The BBC regard their Christmas Pres as a kind of secret services operation, a matter of national security!
AR
Argybargy
Wicko posted:
Would it really matter if it launched a week later?

Continuity Announcers are not really allowed to reveal things like the launch dates these days. The BBC regard their Christmas Pres as a kind of secret services operation, a matter of national security!

No, it wouldn't matter to wait another week as far as I'm concerned. After all, up to and including 1999, we all used to have to wait until Christmas Eve, and then we'd only see them for 3 days. But we didn't mind as that was the norm back then.
WH
what
Trailer just aired on BBC One. Christmas pres launches sometime on the 1st of December. Tagline this year appears to be ‘Wonderland’.
JO
Josh
what posted:
Trailer just aired on BBC One. Christmas pres launches sometime on the 1st of December. Tagline this year appears to be ‘Wonderland’.

I'm expecting it after Strictly or MM's Big Show.
BM
BM11
JoshX posted:
what posted:

Maybe before Strictly - as that is the most watched introduction of the night.
JK
JKDerry
BM11 posted:
JoshX posted:
what posted:

Maybe before Strictly - as that is the most watched introduction of the night.

However last year they did air it after Strictly leading into Michael McIntyre's show. Ten million watching at the end of Strictly might be the key.
TI
TIGHazard
what posted:

And I missed it because I was testing if I could watch RTE tomorrow for the Toy Show.
BA
bilky asko
AR
Argybargy

So that explains the BBC film crew spotted a few weeks ago filming on a pier. Interesting.

Clearly no stop-motion pres this year.

Newer posts