TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2018 Revamp

New ident ‘Discovery’ - p89 (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Not a huge fan of that one.
:-(
A former member
strangely I like this one, very arty. There no need to ask if its a new one, since Asa TV home thingy will tell if its been seen before Very Happy
TE
tesandco Founding member
I'm actually quite surprised to see them launch a new regular one when we're this close to where we're all expecting the Christmas pres to start - I'd have thought they'd have just kept anything else new until the new year now. Always welcome though, and very nice to have a surprise pop up in broadcast first, rather than just on the social media feed of designer x.

The 8pm junctions in Wales and Scotland both premiered the new ident at the same time as network, and between the two of them gave us some extra playout of both the start and end of the ident music. Northern Ireland, those cheeky little pres scamps we all love... just went with the usual squeaky balloons instead.

BBC Two Wales HD

BBC Two Scotland

DE88, bkman1990 and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
CO
Conor98
Ooh, I like that.
Very hypnotising. Would be great use before arts programmes
Jeffmister, bkman1990 and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
AR
Argybargy
Yes, I like this one too. How many is that now, 18?

The only curious thing is the fact it has debuted right before they launch the Christmas idents and why they didn't choose to keep it back until January 1st. I'm not complainng, though.
Last edited by Argybargy on 29 November 2018 11:27am
A former member
Are we sure xmas is coming to bbc2? Its 20 now.
JA
JAS84
It's 20 now? Confused

It's not unusual to not see the Christmas pres until the day it launches. Based on recent years, if it's not this weekend, it's definitely next weekend. Saturday 1 December before Strictly on BBC One and the nearest junction just before or after that on BBC Two would be my guess - and due to BBC Two's rebrand, both channels will have new pres.
CY
cylon6
ANOTHER ONE!?! We’re being spoiled!
A former member
its no surprise its 20: Gripping has been used twice

* https://theident.gallery/player.php?id=BBC2-2018-ID-PAINT-1

* https://identcentral.co.uk/idents/bbc/bbc-two/bbc-two-2018/bbc-two-2018-idents/ ( 19 on here Expect Gripping)
JA
JAS84
Christmas pres on Saturday is confirmed for BBC One, so I'd be shocked if Two didn't do it then too.
MR
mr_vivian
I'm glad they at least wait until it's December. It's nice to have nearly a month off from the usual.
BR
Brekkie
Although for something so new kind of a shame. Having a horrid thought though of them keeping the regular idents with the Barry White-esque songs of recent years.

Newer posts