TV Home Forum

BBC Scotland channel - service to also launch in HD

Final approval given by Ofcom, launching in 2019 (March 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MR
mr_vivian
I can't see this lasting long. It has a UTV Ireland vibe about it.
PF
PFML84
It's a bit "youth TV" in looks with those multi-coloured straps behind the seating. Is it supposed to be a serious news programme or a lighter look at the days news? The set certainly makes it seem like the latter. If so, then good for them, I like it. If it's the former, then oh dear...
CH
chris
Is it an hour long? Perhaps the brief is a mix of hard and soft news hence the sofa.

But have to agree on first glance it doesn’t look very nice.
JO
Josh
Info from the Media Centre article:
BBC Media Centre posted:
The flagship news programme will be at the heart of the schedules, broadcasting Monday-Friday between 9-10pm in addition to weekend bulletins. Rebecca and Martin will co-present Monday-Thursday while Laura Miller and John Beattie will present the news hour each Friday.

Weekend coverage comprises a 15-minute bulletin on Saturday evenings at 7pm followed by a 45-minute review programme presented by Fiona Stalker and Nick Sheridan. On Sundays, the 15-minute 7.00pm bulletin will be presented by Lucy Whyte. The programme will have a distinct social media presence and audiences will be able to access the best of The Nine on digital platforms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/the-nine
BB
BruceBBC
Another press release is coming on Monday 3rd.
BR
Brekkie
Quite surprised they've been allowed to ditch the (dated) corporate generic branding but it is all the better for it.

Nobody will watch it mind, just like nobody watched STV News at 7 or the BBC2 Scotland bulletins later in the evening.
Last edited by Brekkie on 29 November 2018 6:42am - 2 times in total
JO
Joe
branding hut

Is that in the production village?
WH
Whataday Founding member
It bugs me that the triangle above the i is shaped like a clock pointing at 3:00 rather than 9:00.
JM
JamesM0984
It's almost a bit 5 News to me.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I find the purple a bit dated. Also the atrium style has been done to death.

Happened to catch Wales Live this evening and was very impressed with their set. Far prefer it to The Nine set.

Stuart, bkman1990 and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
GL
globaltraffic24
It probably isn't to everyone's liking, but it is very Scottish! It's all about the Scandi-vibes these days! (woods, purples, concrete) Cool
JM
JamesM0984
Anyone got the sets of SVT, DR etc for reference?

Newer posts